“Poor Service,Unclean Rooms”

Residence Inn Morgantown
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed in Residence INNs in different locations and by far this is the most expensive one, the room, the facilities are good and front desk staff is good .
The issue I find with this hotel is with the service.The room does not get serviced very well.
I had to stay here for a length of more than two months and I have realised that maids hardly clean the room and the facility lacks in towels ( I was paying moren tha $100 a day) and they were struggling to provide me with towels.The maids at times looked like they were not intrested in doing any kind of service.
This is the first Residence Inn I have stayed where the service was so poor .I was thinking it was just me so I checked with some of my co-workers and they too confirmed on the cleanliness of the room and moved away to near by hotels.

I would say unless you need kitchen in your room avoid this hotel

Room Tip: I would say unless you need kitchen in your room avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandeep P

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Residence Inn is located in close proximity to the hospital at West Virginia University. It is convenient if you are there for the hospital. We weren't there for that, but the Residence Inn was equipped for long or short stays. We had a handicap accessible room (broke my leg - on crutches) and the room was convenient for the large shower with a seat and nothing to step over - a wheelchair could be rolled into the bathroom - if necessary. Our room had a king size bed and a queen size fold out couch. It had a flat screen tv that could be accessed by the bedroom area or the living area. The room was equipped with a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, and a dishwasher. The grounds were maintained nicely. There was a fire pit and outdoor BBQ's. There is an enclosed pool (even had ADA entrance to the pool). Also, a nice laundry room is provided - just bring your own laundry detergent - or purchase it onsite - and laundry is complimentary. Overall it is a great place to stay with friendly staff. OH forgot to mention how comfortable the bed was at the Residence Inn! SUCH A COMFORTABLE MATTRESS!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank lotus2s
Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the minute we walked in, we had an amazing time at the Residence Inn Morgantown. The room was immaculate and beautiful! This hotel has undergone an extensive renovation, and you can notice just how beautiful it is in the lobby area, the hallways, and the suite itself. Brand new modern furniture and fixtures adorned our suite, and it made our stay even nicer. The shower water felt wonderful, and everything about this suite was just fabulous! I don't have a bad thing to say. Thanks to the wonderful staff for providing us with an amazing stay, and making us feel like royalty. :)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The suite was clean and well furnished. Probably the best hotel couch I have ever sat on. However when my wife and I went to bed, the matress was horrible. It was like laying dow on a half inflated air mattress. Then, once the air conditioner turned on, the whole bed shook. It wasnt a violent shaking, but annoying enough that we had to turn off the AC.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattf678
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and large. I must say the staff was went above and beyond my expectations. The food was really good but the kitchen staff made it even better. Also pet friendly an for our family that was very important. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn for my son's surgery at one if the hospitals in Morgantown, WV. We got a discount from my son's doctor, which really helped out since we got a room for my parents too. This was truly the best hotel I have stayed at. Very spacious rooms, full size refrigerator, extremely clean and a bed we wanted to take home with us. Our children loved the pool & I loved the fitness machines (top of the line). Thank you for making this stressful time so much easier!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and found the property to be in a great location, with VERY nice staff and it was quite clean. I have high standards for cleanliness! Everyone from the breakfast people to the housekeeping to the front desk staff were incredibly nice. The room was also large and comfy with a very nice mattress and pillows. I would definitely recommend staying here when in Morgantown.

The only drawback is if you do not have a car, while this is in a great location, there does not appear to be restaurants within walking distance. We had a car, so this was not an issue. However, the breakfast provided was very good!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business