“not bad”
Review of Maxwells - CLOSED

Maxwells
Reviewed November 11, 2011

clean ,friendly staff, eveyerthing is home made and was delicious

There are newer reviews for Maxwells

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have been to Maxwells before and the food is decent. I walked in and was YELLED at by the girl cooking, "Someone is going to seat you, wait!" Five minutes later, was brought over to a smaller table because the server/manager thought it was only going to be two of us because she rushed to the table (honest mistake). I said, "There are actually going to be five of us." She snapped at me in front of 30 people, "Why would you say two people when there are going to be five of you!?" Trying to make it easier, I told her we can just pull a few chairs over and her response was NASTY. She was implying I was a complete idiot. I am a manager of a local restaurant, and if I ever behaved that way in front of a guest, I would not expect to have a job the next day. I told her that everyone has been rude to us and we will just leave. She put her hands in the air, and said "That's fine." No apology or concern. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Do not waste your time at this place. Try "Golden Finch" on High Street. They have better food (including brunch), prices, atmosphere and extremely friendly and competent service.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed May 13, 2011

As stated in my title Maxwells is the best in Morgantown. This place has been here forever and nothing has changed thank the gods!!!!! So many chain restaurants have moved into this town and I can't understand what people in this town consider GOOD food. If you want the BEST of the BEST this is the place to eat. The atmoshpere is so comfortable and the staff and owner are the greatest. You get treated like you are the only one there and your not. You can talk to the EXCELLENT chef and watch your food being prepared made to order and you get that nowhere else. I have lived in big cities and we call my husband the man of all meals and if he is wanting to go to this restaurant once a week believe me it is a 5 star place. To heck with those chains go and enjoy the best of the best and eat real food at Maxwells.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were visiting our daughter at WVU and wanted to take her to Maxwell's. Many years ago when we lived in Morgantown Maxwell's was our favorite. My how things have changed! The staff was very unfriendly, the food was horrible, not at all what it once was. I would not and will not go back!
Charlotte NC

2  Thank 200,810
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Visited with friend early June 2010. This was an old college hangout of ours and we wanted to see how it changed over the years. The waitress, possibly the owner from what others told me, was upset when we asked about freshness of food items. We ignored her and ordered. Food arrived promptly and was good. When I received the bill, I could not read due to the sloppy handwriting. I asked that each item be explained and began adding up the sum on the side which she fumed at, particularly when I found she overcharged me. She told me to give her my credit card, which I refused, and then she said that she had been doing this for 25 years and was apparently bothered at my request for information. She then said to pay any amount and to leave. I payed cash. RUDE and short tempered. I am easy to get along with but this was over the top.

2  Thank libertycall8107