“Slow Service, Middling Food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Garfield's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #171 of 285 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Slow Service, Middling Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went to Garfields for dinner with friends before catching a movie at the mall. Chose it because it was super convenient to the theater. The service was spotty and slow, though the server did seem nice. The food was average at best, at worst a friend's chicken quesadilla was filled largely with gristle and a few bones. Salads were lifeless and seemed to be about half onions. The restaurant also didn't seem very clean, there was food behind the cushions of the booth that could've just been wiped away with a rag. I'm familiar with a different location of this chain, State College, PA, which I really love, this location just seems to miss the mark.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

South Florida, Florida
“good stop for on the road travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have never been to a Garfield's before and choose it because it was right up the road from our hotel. We were tired from driving and this fit the bill as a place to have a few drinks, grab a bit to eat and relax/unwind.

I liked this because even though it is a big place you can still get cozy and relatively quiet in a booth for two.

Server was excellent and friendly. Food was just fine. We had the cheese and nachos to start and that carb infusion was just what we needed. My husband and I had salads for our entrée.
They were fresh, ample portions and did not skimp on ingredients.

I would go there again !

PS: When you are finished eating the mall is connected, so a bit of shopping is a nice way to top off the evening. Kind of a two for one.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
“Nothing Exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We used to have this chain in my home area and it was always good. Thought I would go out of my way to find this one to experience the same great food. Have to say I was not impressed. Food was bland and just OK. The service however was exceptional!

Visited September 2013
Parsons, West Virginia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ate lunch here on MLK Day-2013. It was not overly busy when we were seated. It did not take long to be seated and waited on, but the wait for the food took a little longer than I would have expected.
My wife liked her apple-walnut salad. I had the steak and cheese fries special. The steak was tender, but I did not think it had much flavor. They did have Heinz 57 sauce which was a plus for me (I have been to some Applebee's and other places that didn't.) The cheese fries were okay.
The prices were good, our waiter was very good, the food was okay, but nothing to go out of your way for.

• Visited January 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
“Consistent & good value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Always liked Garfield's when we can find one. Only found about 3 in our travels over the past 10 yrs. We went for lunch on a Mon., Oct. 22, 2012, when we hit Morgantown, W.Va. about 2 p.m. They weren't busy so we got good service. I ordered the turkey club sandwich which was not salty as others have said in their reviews. Salad was beautiful. Hubby had the burger sliders which came with salad and fries and he said it was very good as was the iced tea. I am not an easy reviewer and have been to many good restaurants in my 71 yrs. I feel that for the type of restaurant that Garfield's is, it is definitely better than a cafeteria but not as good as Cheddar's. I thought we got a lot for our money and would recommend it.

• Visited October 2012