“Let Down and Lied To”

Ranked #117 of 289 Restaurants in Morgantown
morgantown,wv
“Let Down and Lied To”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

For a places that advertises(falsely) the best Chili Dogs in town, they have a long way to go to live up to that claim.

I went to the old University High School and at lunch many people would hit up Town Hill for snacks since it was right down the road but I never really made the trek. Fast forward many years and after seeing the sign advertising the best chili dogs repeatedly, me and my girlfriend decided to give it a try. The inside is as I remember it, basically a local dive bar, cozy, and good for a few beers with friends. This doesnt bother me at all as I knew ahead of time this was the scene. We ordered a couple tankers which they sell at an afforable prices and waited on the hot dogs we ordered.

I have to say that I was really let down. I found the dogs to be just okay in taste and the chili to be bland. I was left unfulfilled and definitely felt like I had been led on. Its sad when a Sonic hot dog tastes better than a local one. I would suggest if you want a good hot dog you try somewhere else. Also, they only take cash which sucks because we didnt know and had to pay a high ATM fee to even get money to eat. Definitely not a welcoming aspect either. Avoid this place unless its for a tanker!

• Visited October 2013