“Comfortable, Value”

Best Western Mountaineer Inn
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed March 6, 2014

BW Mountaineer Inn was very comfortable and a very good value. It is easily accessible from I-79 and is easy to find. The fitness room and pool were well maintained. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was fresh and tasty with a moderate selection of items. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale H

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The staff is very professional and friendly!! The price is right for so much that they offer! My son had his birthday at the hotel and the manager provided us with excellent service for such a large party. The Best Western staff made my son's birthday very special and we are grateful to have a hotel that is family friendly. My entire family was very pleased and we recommend this hotel for anyone needing an excellent place to visit Morgantown!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yes, the rooms (Mainly bathrooms) need a bit of attention or updating. But I had no problems with any of my recent stays and was even given the option of moving to a different room (Which I did move) when my room had a musty smell. If you just need a place to sleep and move on the next day, I would recommend this hotel. If you prefer a fancier place, then you will pay more. After being in hotels for the past 7 months during my husbands rehab stay in Morgantown, WV, this is the best value that I have found for when I just needed a place to sleep at night and rest/relax.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel with my daughter while in Morgantown WV for medical treatment. We had originally booked one night. We were thrilled with the first night. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. It had a newer heater in the room. The pool area was very nice and clean. There was no wifi in the pool area but a strong signal in the rooms, as well as the lobby. The breakfast was average but good. The coffee was very good. Each room had a microwave and frig. The hallway is cold. For the amenities, the price was great.
After going to an appointment. We had to stay another day in Morgantown unplanned so, naturally we went back to this hotel. It was different staff. They were not friendly or helpful at check in. We had a different room. It was NOT clean. There were hand prints all over the bed backboards which were wooden. There was trash in the frig. The remote was broken and taped together. I had to take it to the front desk to have it "retaped" so I could use it. The front desk lady said, "pretty ghetto huh." The heater was old and didn't work very well. This was problematic due to zero weather.
It was like we stayed at two different hotels. The first experience was perfect and the second experience was less than average. Would I stay there again?? I am not sure. The location is nice though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and another family stayed for a surprise trip for our kids and it was great !!!!!! Very clean , friendly , and affordable ..... We all will be staying again and again . The hotel was very close to all the activities at WVU. The central location gave us many convenient stores and nice restaurants .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

WAS ONLY THERE FOR THE NIGHT. EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT. The hotel seemed they went under major renovations. The interior was very beautiful. They even had an indoor salt water pool. I would definitely stay here again. I would rate this hotel 4 and half stars

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The "Mountaineer" is a bit dated and doesn't seem really clean though I did notice that it was dirty. The breakfast was fine. The hotel is located not especially close to many restaurants. Also there are no sidewalks on either side of the road, so walking can be a bit hazardous (especially when there are mounds of snow piled in February)
Still the bed, sleeping and bathroom was fine. Would return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple