“First trip to morgantown”

Best Western Mountaineer Inn
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Dinwiddie, Virginia
“First trip to morgantown”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We came down to visit our daughter and step daughter who goes to WVU the hotel was close to the campus and very reasonably priced. We will definitely revisit the next time that we come down. The check in was quick and the stand was very friendly. The continental breakfast was just enough to get our day started. We would definitely suggest to anybody coming to the area to give this location a try

Room Tip: Any room was good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stoney Creek
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ok, so the hotel itself wasn't so bad... no bed bugs.. clean.. other than the dog poop under the desk when I attempted to plug in my laptop.. called the front desk and they came and picked it up and said it was weird that they didn't allow pets.... well, we didn't have any.. you would think that the cleaning staff would have found it when vacuuming... Oh, and the breakfast.. what a laugh.. powdered eggs.. bacon.. stale donuts and cereal... but they were out of milk...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had planEd to go to the 2012 University of Oklahoma vs West Virginia football game and made reservations at this hotel several months in advance. A week before our stay, I had to cancel the reservation as we were unable to make the trip due to an illness in the family. Very disappointed as we like to make a one out of state game to a new location each year. I had booked the room thru Expedia and it took three phone calls to Expedia and two to the hotel to get the room cancelled. Then, since I was not cancelling TWO WEEKS in advance, the manager tried to charge me a two night penalty. She first tried to blame the penalty on Expedia, which was not true. Then she said all hotels in Morgantown have the same cancellation policy, which was untrue as I cancelled a second hotel in Morgantown thru Expedia for the same weekend with no penalty. Then she blamed it on a special event (football game) but I did not book with a special event or get a special event price. Three nights stay with all the hotel taxes was going to cost me $427. She charged me $378 for a two night penalty. Luckily, my credit card company is dealing with the hotel on the penalty. Thank you VISA! My husband called the local Chamber of Commerce and was told that the owner of this hotel owns two others in town and gets alot of complaints regarding their lack of customer service. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 Thank Deanna C
Etters, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a reservation for 11/18 that we had to cancel, but it was past the cancellation deadline. We contacted the hotel and they said it was too late to cancel but we asked them to let us know if someone wanted the room. About 2 hrs later the hotel called and we could cancel the room since they found someone to take it. Very good customer service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
kari j, Manager at Best Western Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you!! Hope to see you soon!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have reseverations that were non-refundable due to a special event. Today we were told of a death in our family. I called hotel and spoke to the manager Kari and explained the situation. She told me there was nothing she could do and told me to call the 800 number. I called them and spoke with BW Customer Care and again explained the situation. She contacted Kari who told her that the owner would not refund our deposit even though this situation was completely out of our control. I will NEVER again consider staying at this hotel. It is so sad that given the situation - a death of a family member, that the hotel manager and owner are not willing to make an exception. WOW!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charleston, WV
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice before because Best Western was the only hotel with rooms available the nights I needed a room. The hotel has had minor improvements like paint and carpet. I will warn you that instead of replacing rusty bathroom door hinges they have just painted over them and the rust is bleeding through.
The front desk staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast was poor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sugar Grove, PA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located near West Virginia University and about a mile from Interstate 79 (exit 155), this is a convenient stop for north to/from south travel. The rooms are clean, the bed is and room temperature are comfortable, and the breakfast is well managed, This is a good place to stop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kari j, Manager at Best Western Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you!!! Hope to see you again!