Best Western Mountaineer Inn
$76
  • Breakfast included
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$89
$119
$89
$84
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanmyrtle beachwould stay againdonutsyogurtcontinental breakfastnight's sleepwest virginia universityfront desk staffbwwvgravymountaineercollegehospitalstadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We found the Best Western when we decided to stop for the night. We'd already gone a few miles further than we had originally intended, so when we found the Best Western, we decided to stay here. After all, it was a Best Western, right? We came in the side entrance near where our room is (on the 2nd floor). We got into our room, and everything appeared to be just fine. Room was a good size and seemed to be in good condition, walls appear to have been recently painted, carpet looked reasonably clean (housekeeping ought to move the desk, etc. once in a while when vacuuming), the bedding appeared to be clean. Bed was quite comfortable, and even though we were right across the hall from the (very noisy) ice machine, it was very quiet in our room. I certainly wouldn't think to be concerned if I hadn't read the other reviews. Perhaps management has decided to get things in order?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
kari j, Manager at Best Western Mountaineer Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your reiew we do appreciate it! We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Don't stay here!

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Look up dirty in the dictionary and this hotel's picture should be there. We pulled back the covers on the bed to find a huge urine stain on the bottom sheet. The hallway could not have been vacuumed for days. The entire place smelled.

All in all, a real dump.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel, and I would like to speak to you further about it, if you could contact me at 304-599-5399 and ask for Kari.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Best Western Hotel In Morgantown was okay, it was nothing special. We paid $90.00 which included our AAA savings, On line they advertised $60.00, but said no rate was $89.99 less the discount. The help is nice but not very welcoming. An ice machine was not working and the breaksfast food was okay. The scrambled eggs could of used more milk and the bacon was un eatable to my tastes, but my husband said it was okay. It was a quiet night in hotel room, the room was very clean but it is showing its age.So the the age of the room the price should be $69.99 a night with breakfast! We would stay again but will try another hotel when we are back in Morgantown in the late Fall. Thanks and happy, safe travels.

Room Tip: Make sure when you request they hear you as we requested first floor, but gave us second floor. We had to re ask for first floor room as the receptionist said it was not marked even though we asked and made clear on the telephone. We always stay on first floor due to disability.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your response... We will take your advice into consideration on improving our hotel!!! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The pool. Filthy,dirty piles of soft soil in the bottom , when I told the desk clerk Nicolas he just smillled and said "really" no apology , no I get some one to clean just smiled, bathrooms are way too small. Room smelled of something I am not sure. There were some nice men who worked all nite and came in the morning..they were fracking ,so these guys were really dirty, which is no fault of there own. They used all entrances, in the am upon the return of working,unfortunately left clods of dirt everywhere in the enteries, and halls.elevators,everywhere not one of those hotel workers made an effort to sweep or vacuum the mess up. At 2 pm that mess was still there, nice thing to walk into upon check in. We were here for montainfest and because it's a holiday week in Morgantown, they charged my card 2 day into a 5 day stay not at checkout... I was told this hotel policy,....I wanted to pay cash. At check out like every other hotel stay I have had.this is the worst hotel in the chain and these places are individually owned, the owner should be ashamed ..

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 143suep

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel, however I am the person who helped you and I am also the manager. The only problem that I was told about was the credit card charge, had I known about your whole experience I would have addressed all of your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at any time so we can discuss your concerns with our property. My phoone number is 3045995399. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice typical BW. Clean comfortable with freindly helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank terryconnors

Thank you for your comment on our property! hope to see you again!