“One of the Worst”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
“One of the Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Don't stay here!

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Look up dirty in the dictionary and this hotel's picture should be there. We pulled back the covers on the bed to find a huge urine stain on the bottom sheet. The hallway could not have been vacuumed for days. The entire place smelled.

All in all, a real dump.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kari j, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel, and I would like to speak to you further about it, if you could contact me at 304-599-5399 and ask for Kari.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Buffalo, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Best Western Hotel In Morgantown was okay, it was nothing special. We paid $90.00 which included our AAA savings, On line they advertised $60.00, but said no rate was $89.99 less the discount. The help is nice but not very welcoming. An ice machine was not working and the breaksfast food was okay. The scrambled eggs could of used more milk and the bacon was un eatable to my tastes, but my husband said it was okay. It was a quiet night in hotel room, the room was very clean but it is showing its age.So the the age of the room the price should be $69.99 a night with breakfast! We would stay again but will try another hotel when we are back in Morgantown in the late Fall. Thanks and happy, safe travels.

Room Tip: Make sure when you request they hear you as we requested first floor, but gave us second floor. We h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response... We will take your advice into consideration on improving our hotel!!! Hope to see you again!
Rotonda West, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The pool. Filthy,dirty piles of soft soil in the bottom , when I told the desk clerk Nicolas he just smillled and said "really" no apology , no I get some one to clean just smiled, bathrooms are way too small. Room smelled of something I am not sure. There were some nice men who worked all nite and came in the morning..they were fracking ,so these guys were really dirty, which is no fault of there own. They used all entrances, in the am upon the return of working,unfortunately left clods of dirt everywhere in the enteries, and halls.elevators,everywhere not one of those hotel workers made an effort to sweep or vacuum the mess up. At 2 pm that mess was still there, nice thing to walk into upon check in. We were here for montainfest and because it's a holiday week in Morgantown, they charged my card 2 day into a 5 day stay not at checkout... I was told this hotel policy,....I wanted to pay cash. At check out like every other hotel stay I have had.this is the worst hotel in the chain and these places are individually owned, the owner should be ashamed ..

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 143suep
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel, however I am the person who helped you and I am also the manager. The only problem that I was told about was the credit card charge, had I known about your whole experience I would have addressed all of your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at any time so we can discuss your concerns with our property. My phoone number is 3045995399. Hope to see you again!

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice typical BW. Clean comfortable with freindly helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank terryconnors
Thank you for your comment on our property! hope to see you again!
Clarksburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was booked into this hotel when a conference I attended needed to move some overflow. When I checked in, I took my luggage to the third floor (via stairs and a VERY, VERY long corridor). When I got to my room, my key didn't work and the number for the front desk was not on the key. I googled the number on my phone and called the front desk. She did bring me a new key and it did work. When I entered the room, the bed clothes were DIRTY. There were shoe prints on the covers and pillows on one of the two double beds in the room. The room, listed as non-smoking, REEKED of cigarette smoke and the college age guy in the room next door was shouting obscenities at his lady friend. I took a cold shower in the morning because my shower didn't have any hot water, the security door to the parking lot didn't lock, and there were strange men wandering the parking lot all night; I didn't even feel safe to go out and retrieve something from my own car! I will NEVER stay here, or any other Best Western, again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Toni P
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Checked in. Fine. Bathroom, very small, no biggie. Went down to the pool. Damn slippery tile!! Slipped once on the deck. Then was holding the handrail to walk into the shallow end, slipped on the top step and swan dive into shallow end. Sprained ankle and 2 broken toes and my 8 day road trip was shortened to 3 and had to return home. There should be a roughend surface on areas that are potentially slippy like deck and pool stairs.

Make matters worse, get home and check credit card charges, they charged me twice for 1 night's stay. You must formally check-out at the desk. I've stayed in many many hotels over the years and always just leave my room cards in the room and leave. Guess I wont do that. When I called, they said they had no idea when I left and charged me another night. Manager is on medical leave and there is no one else to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Must say the same thing others have said....I wish I had read reviews here before booking. Our room was dirty and the second room we were offered wasn't any better. Obviously cleanliness is not a priority here. There are plenty of other hotels in the area....BOOK ONE OF THOSE INSTEAD!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple