“BBQ Burger and Service were both great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Atomic Grill
Ranked #6 of 285 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are locally owned and operated. New Ownership was established March 31, 2016. We strive to make the best fresh meal to serve to our guests. We source our meats and produce from local farmers throughout West Virginia and Pennsylvania. WE ARE WV REAL BARBQUE!!
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“BBQ Burger and Service were both great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went in here for dinner one evening and was surprised to learn that nearly all of the products are locally and organically grown, farmed, or raised. I had the BBQ burger which was incredible, along with the WV BBQ Sauce, and the bartender, Mike, was nice to chat with, as were the rest of the staff. Highly Recommend this place for a quick lunch, a tasty dinner, or date with someone special who enjoys eating well at a reasonable price.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Morgantown, WV
“Morgatown's Newest Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I visited the Atomic Grill Sunday afternoon. We're barbecue fans and we've wanted to try it since it opened. We were pleasantly and quickly greeted upon entering, and there were a handful of tables available. The server did a great job of explaining the restaurant's standards... nothing frozen (they don't own a freezer) and the pastry chef makes all of the desserts. Daily specials are advertised on blackboards around the dining room. And, most importantly, all of the ingredients are produced locally!

We selected the sampler appetizer, which included 2 ribs, 2 sliders (pork and chicken), fries and fried green tomatoes. It came with 3 sauces, and we asked for a sampler of the barbecue sauces after the server offered to let us try them. When they came out, she explained them to us. The appetizers were great -- the sliders weren't greasy and were full of flavor. The fried green tomatoes were the best I have ever eaten. The ribs were delicious -- perfectly tender. And the fries weren't excessively greasy, but they were flavorful and not over-seasoned.

I ordered the BLT salad as my entree... and it was a great compliment to the appetizers. Plus, it came topped with more fried green tomatoes. I asked for both ranch and Gorgonzola dressing -- both are great choices to accompany this salad.

My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich with fries -- and he found it to be one of the best he has ever eaten. Not too fatty, but still full of flavor. He also ordered the Krispy Kreme bread pudding for dessert, which he loved. I was too full for even a bite.

All of this for $43, plus tip. Great food for a great value!

This was a great spot for an afternoon lunch -- we'll definitely be heading back for lunch and/or dinner in the future.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morgantown
“Best barbeque in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lunched today on the pulled pork sandwich, fresh fries, slaw and the panko encrusted fried green tomatoes. Great bun imported from Pittsburgh while pork was from West Virginia smoked over apple wood. Six varieties of sause available. Didn't have room for dessert but will be back soon to try dinner. Learned they run their smokers 24 hours a day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I finally got around to checking out this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. We don't eat beef, chicken or pork, and there's no fish on the menu, so we had to stick to a limited vegetarian menu, but it was great. My wife got the vegetable kebobs and I got the fried-green tomato sandwich (it's not officially on the menu, so ask for it), and both were fantastic.We were too full to order dessert, but the selection looked killer. The staff was enthusiastic and down-to-earth, and the atmosphere is casual and comfortable. The food came out when it should have, despite a nearly full restaurant. Impressive for such a new establishment!

Visited July 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Good BBQ and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I finally made it to the Atomic Grill for lunch. It's a cute laid-back atmosphere inside, the host was really helpful and made suggestions. Was just getting take-out for myself, there's a bar that you can sit at and order take-out. They said the menu changes daily and there's a lunch and dinner menu. The lunch menu was very small, couple of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and kids menu. Dinner starts around 4pm, they said that there's entrees (ribs, steak) on it, including the sandwiches. Only 1 vegetarian entree and sandwich.

Overall, I liked it a lot. I got the pulled pork sandwich which came with fries and slaw. There were a few different BBQ sauces to choose from, got the WV sauce. Everything was made from scratch, the pork was tender and good, fries were fresh-cut, and the slaw was fresh too. Fairly large portions, but was so good, ate everything. Very reasonable, everything on lunch was $10 and under. Staff was friendly, didn't have to wait too long for my order. Will definitely go back, maybe for dinner. Their BBQ blows Martins BBQ away, really no comparison. Martins BBQ is like fast-food. Is this the best BBQ that I've ever had? No, go south for that, but it's the best BBQ that I've ever had around here.

• Visited July 2013