“Local favorite”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Local favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Beanery is a popular local goto chain that never disappoints. It's a good, clean family atmosphere with lots of menu options. If you spend some time in Morgantown, you will end up at one of the locations. Recommend the ranch roast beef sandwich.

Visited December 2013

PA
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food was quite salty and the food selection was just average. I would not go back willingly! Nor would I suggest anyone else go if they have never been to Morgantown!

• Visited October 2013
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“The servers were nice; the food was not good; the place needed cleaned!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to WVU decades ago, and a great dinner was always The Boston Beanery on High Street. We were staying at The Residence Inn wit our kids, so we thought we would take them to the Boston Beanery near Towers. In their defense, the night we were there they were closing early to do painting. So maybe someone actually cleaned prior or after the painting was finished. The tables were stinky and the carpet was dirty. The waitress was friendly; unfortunately, the service was the only good thing. The food was awful. My son had chicken parm, and when he lifted the chicken up it was totally burnt on both sides....black. I guess the cook thought no one would notice because of the red sauce on top. My other son had a greasy burger that he couldn't continue to eat; it had a funky smell. I ate the salad that came with my son's chicken parm, and I had to remove about 15 pieces of slick yucky greens. How doesn't the person throwing the greens on the plate not notice that the greens are slimy? Yuck! My husband had wings and a Reuben. The sandwich was okay, he said. We will never go back. Morgantown now has many better places to go. We ate at Archie's Lakehouse the next day, and the food was sooooooo much better! And they had clean restrooms and clean tables and carpet!

• Visited August 2013
Scotland, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Easy access. Food was great. A bit too much in quantity. They maybe could have had a half portion. Service was also very good.

Visited August 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great family restaurant. Great food to much to eat, which means leftovers! Great place for my husband the beer lover they had a lot of good beer on tap. Fun for all!

• Visited July 2013