“3 stars, I think not”

Lakeview Resort Golf Course
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I think this place is resting on its past reputation. It's time to put some money into the place. There were holes in the walls and ceiling. Bathroom had mildew and was dirty. Carpet was dirty, linens were old. Disappointed. I enjoyed my hamburger at Legends, however.

There are newer reviews for Lakeview Resort Golf Course

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had my wedding at Lakeview on June 14, 2014. It was perfect. Shelby and the Lakeview staff were absolutely amazing. They made sure everything went perfectly and right on time. They went out of there way to make sure my husband and I were happy all night long. The food tasted great and there were many options. The bartenders were awesome and were very helpful with our crazy friends. They let us keep the wedding going longer than expected and were awesome at managing a large wedding with 50+ hotel rooms all coming into town for the weekend. We also had a brunch the day after the wedding and also was perfect and the food was great. The rooms have been renovated and they are very nice. The gazebo where our ceremony was recently repainted and it looked awesome. They did a great job organizing our first look and making sure that my husband and I did not see each other all day. Thank you again to Shelby and the Lakeview staff for making our wedding weekend absolutely perfect. I don't know if I could thank you enough :) If you are looking for a wedding location in Morgantown you can't beat this place!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great food and service, and very reasonable prices. The view of Cheat Lake was beautiful. Very convenient to the Stockett Inn, where we stayed for the week-end.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. I will not return. There are much better options in Morgantown. Aside from a decent gold course and a lakefront setting, this place is a dump. The hotel needs torn down and rebuilt. The setting gives it great potential. The hotel rooms and facilities are run down and dirty. There was mold on the ceiling and in the air conditioning unit in my room. The furniture and linens were in terrible shape. There were food wrappers and crumbs by the bed side table. Dead bugs by air conditioning unit and under bed. Room service trays with old food remained in hallway for several days despite complaints to the front desk. Conference food was terrible.

1  Thank brandyandbrian
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Lakeview did a great job hosting out golf event. Steve, your staff all around, top shelf. It's a great getaway for the Pittsburgh area for the whole family. Can't wait to play again. Thanks