“Friendly, clean, great sized room! Will definitely stay again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chestnut Boutique Hotel

The Chestnut Boutique Hotel
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly, clean, great sized room! Will definitely stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Happened upon the Chestnut Boutique Hotel while driving west and what a lucky happenstance this was. The room was excellently priced and the hotel provided a military discount. The lobby is very welcoming, clean and not overcrowded with solicitations or needless furniture. Our room was a great size with 2 queen sized beds, a good sized tv and a beautiful bathroom with a large shower. Everything about this hotel was spotless.
The location of the hotel was also fantastic. It's one block off the main drag which allows a quick walk to many restaurants, bars, desserts and shopping. The parking garage shared with a rooftop bar next door also provides free parking for guests in a very interestingly decorated garage / staircase.
The only reason we are not giving a positively endorsed 5 star rating are 2 things: (1) the parking garage "stalls" are not well marked thus when we were leaving a car was actually parked in the driving path and (2) likely due to the low number of guests the night we stayed, the advertised continental breakfast turned out to be a few granola bars, apples and orange juice. Even given these 2 concerns, we would definitely stay here again. Overall our stay was a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChestnutHotel, Director of Sales at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2016
Dear SugarBearBQ,

Thank you for staying with us at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel in Morgantown, West Virginia. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Third time staying at the gracious and fabulously appointed Chestnut Hotel. If you've ever been to Morgantown on WVU move out day you know what it is like here with traffic and parking. After a long day packing up our two students we retired to our oasis and new home away from home. Our suite can only be described as incredible with two rooms, each with a flat screen tv, wifi and the most comfortable beds I've had the pleasure to rest on. Staff was excellent as usual. My wife went for coffee and I asked for a green tea. They didn't have any. 20 minutes later a knock at my door and I was treated to the best green tea ever. The manager traveled a few blocks to a boutique tea store and picked it. Can't get much better service than that. And did I mention the parking garage and the roof top restaurant and bar? I'll tell you about that after our next stay in August for move in day. Lol. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite for sure. Best value available in Morgantown.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Don N,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding The Chestnut Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown Morgantown, West Virginia. We truly appreciate our guests, and hope to have you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My fiancé and I decided to stay here while we was on a two day hiatus from home. We immediately regretted not staying here the first night. I called on our way up to morgantown, ( we were about 40 minutes out) the receptionist was amazing! She set us up in the king suite on the 4th floor with the jacuzzi tub. Also giving us a $70 discount! We had a tom tom so the hotel was pretty easy to find. Maybe a little harder if you didn't.
The lobby was a rustic type that looked beautiful. I wanted to run and jump on the couches. Lol. The receptionist (the one I talked to on the phone) was very very welcoming. And they even had our room ready before check in! Room 407 was beautiful! I couldn't believe the faux fur bed cover. Bed was a little hard for my liking, but still very nice. I absolutely loved the bathroom. I took pictures so that when I remodeled my bathroom at home, I could do something like that. My room even had an iPod5 dock in the room. The room was located directly across from the walk out to the pool area. ( very convenient if your a smoker like us) the pool area was great. I imagine it would be awesome during summer hours. Esp how you have a direct pass into the bar and grill next door.
I even locked myself out of my room during the night, and the guy on night shift was pleasant, and made me another key to get back in.
The room was quiet and wonderful. I defiantly recommend a stay here.
The only cons that I do have are there isn't a coffee maker the rooms. It kinda sucks having to go all the way to the lobby to get coffee in your pjs.
And the parking garage doesn't have a direct shot to the hotel. If you have to park on the third level, you have to walk down a very sketchy looking, tiny stair case. Or walk back down the way you drove up.
Other than that. Everything was PERFECT!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Sriggs020,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I truly am enjoying my stays at the Chestnut Hotel, one of which I am currently enjoying now...Home away from home is the only way I can describe this place, from the staff and their unity/loyalty to each other to the way I feel when I lay my head down at night. They go above and beyond to make your stay a comfortable one. I'm from Virginia Beach and not know the area they gave me plenty of suggestion on food and directions that I've felt like i have lived here for a while. The BOND(let me take a moment here....when I say the bond is nothing like I've seen in a staff, THEY LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER!!!! )that they have reflects in their work and in the entire atomsphere of the hotel. The decor is none that I've seen and is refreshing vs. your traditional "cookie-cutter" hotel chain. The room decor is equally great, hosting a variety of art and furniture pieces that allow you to emerse yourself in comfort. We you walk in, it will speak for itself..i'm out here on business and could have stayed somewhere close to work considering im not from here, BUT I CHOSE a 1 1/2 hour commute because I love this place so much!!! Believe me, there are MANY places to stay out here in Morgantown or West Virginia for that matter but none like the Chestnut Hotel..
Kevin

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Kaptain1132,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Splendid service, starting with the phone call I made to book our rooms. Professional staff with sunny dispositions. Rooms are lovely, and the added benefits of the roof top deck with hot tub absolutely cannot be beat. We stayed last week, while working in Morgantown, and came back for round two (even though we have to travel out of the way for business).

• Stayed April 2014
Dear BadAshBdash,

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We did a 200 people party a couple of weeks ago at the Hotel's rooftop bar and my friends and I stayed at the hotel. From event planning to checking out the next day, the Chestnut Hotel's staff has made everything so easy and perfect! The setup for our dinner party was exactly what we had in mind, red, white, black, classy and modern! The event coordinator hooked us up with the food and great drink specials, the price was much lower than the quote I was given by other hotels/event centers. The food was gone quick, but the staff replenished it immediately every time. The DJ they booked for us was also great! The best part is, after a night of dancing and having a good time with my girls, I can just go crush in my room right next door, without even leaving the building! The room has the same atmosphere as the rooftop bar, classy and trendy. What great taste in all the decors! My favorite part is the fur throw on the bed, so cuddly) We overslept the next morning in the comfy beds, and front desk gave us an extra 2 hours check out time with no hassle since it's sunday and our room was not reserved that day. Didn't get to try the free breakfast...as we did not get up until noon... lol

By the way, before our event started, the event coordinator asked us if she could show our event set up to another lady who was interested in doing a wedding at this venue. We have no prob with that at all. It will be a perfect place for an urban wedding! and I heard that they have anniversary room just for newly wed, how awesome!

This edgy hotel broke of definition of what everyone thinks a hotel can or cannot be. You won't see suits and ties everywhere, but you will see beautiful smile and willingness to help everywhere. You won't see grand hotel type of sparkle, but you will see tasteful home-like warming decors from lobby to the room. There's not another hotel in morgantown area that offers anything even close. I will def recommend this place to my friends who are getting married or to any organization who wants to do a fun event!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alyssa S,

Dundas, Ontario.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Quirky, intriguing, but also quite unsettling: these were our first impressions, and did not change. Part of what looks like a renewal project in an old industrial area, the hotel's street-side brick presence fits in well. The first shock is the parking garage,its entrance looking like a disused, abandoned factory. I got out of the car right there, but the driver says it was okay inside. There are security guards, and a metal gate descends at midnight. Truly, it would be a great zombie movie location!
The entrance - not really a lobby - is hard to define. Seattle coffee house meets Belle Epoque boudoir, perhaps. There are huge padded velvet chaises longues mixed in with high tables and stools in the food area. The seating later proved totally inadequate for the number of guests hoping for breakfast. Check-in consists of a laid back chat at a desk marooned on one side. Elevator is bright and pleasant, but opened onto strangely ominous hallways, smelling of damp over laden with air freshener. I was reminded of apartment hallways in movies set in the riskier parts of New York. The room was a strange mix of styles: faux alligator headboards (already showing signs of
wear), black wall paper on a feature wall, dark furniture reminiscent of early twentieth century styles, and brown faux fur throws which a card assured us had been cleaned just for us! The sheets were mismatched: one bed had a crisp white top sheet, the other an un-ironed cream fabric which I just had to trust was fresh. Bathroom very ordinary apart from a golden glass washbasin which struck a discordant note. In view of the oddness of the hallway (this was the third floor, view of flat roof and old industrial buildings) I was concerned about fire, and was disturbed to discover there were no Evacuation Procedures posted on the bedroom door, nor anywhere at all.
Breakfast was risible. A disparate group of guests from Canadian seniors (!) to photographers draped in gear, to college-age groups and tourists was milling about finding very little sustenance other than a dripping waffle maker, fruit loops/bran flakes, and the last plastic wrapped bagel. The OJ was being extended by the addition of ice cubes, and the coffee ran out. I had a banana.
So, for adventurous movie fans, and travellers tired of same-old style chains, this may be a choice. It's certainly unique!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Terramarique,

With every review we hope to gather insight from guests to become the best we can be - Hopefully we have improved and have gained a better identity.