“Wonderful unique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful unique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here on a college visit trip and were impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel was in the center of town so very convenient to restaurants and attractions. The complimentary breakfast was a nice addition. Some of the other guests were a little loud in the evening but I didn't notice during the night. Just a note, it is hidden away on Chestnut Street and the GPS was a little off. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChestnutHotel, Director of Sales at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2016
Dear Karen F,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding The Chestnut Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown Morgantown, West Virginia. We truly appreciate our guests, and hope to have you back in the future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I recently have been staying at the Chesnut Hotel going on 4 days now I believe, and it absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very big and the beds are extremely comfortable and I love the way they decorated it. The staff is very friendly, there was only two dislikes I didn't like the fact there was no coffee pot and there was no microwave so everything we needed to heat something up, we had to go downstairs. But from our room we could just walk outside and smoke and the bar and hot tub was just right outside and a beautiful view of downtown. We are definitely coming back, I plan on having my birthday here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maddison M,

Frederick, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, right downtown in Morgantown, WV, portrayed itself as a dream that could be but hasn't quite arrived yet. However, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a change from the cookie cutter highway hotel chains.

Boutique sums up the decor, with transitional meets boudoir accents, leather chaise lounges, a luxurious black faux fur blanket on the bed (very clean, I checked), and sometimes down right sensual art on the wallpapered walls. The bath had a delicious vanity of black granite caressing a rectangular vessel sink (a little low). The rooftop hot tubs, bar, and seating area show that in the summer, this could be pleasant place to wine, dine, dance, and view Morgantown from up high. I would definitely come back.

Clean and spacious (maybe too spacious...some space was oddly barren), it was a great room for the price. However the hotel itself, although their heart was in the right place, was almost a rube in it's best finery.

Some suggestions for the management: 1) Most staff was great, but some don't have your vision. As a boutique hotel, your business is the special and unexpected. When a customer comes up at 5am and asks for coffee, don't tell them to come back at 6:30. I had to walk to the gas station. 2) Ditch the breakfast. It's a cost you don't need and the execution was not up to par. 3) Light the garage more. 4) Details Details Details. If you want to rise above, all the towels should match and be presented in an appealing way. Yes, the bath towel was folded nicely, but the others were stuffed into the vanity.

Thanks

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Dear Chris C,

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We thought our overnight stay here was very pleasant. We had a large nice room on the fourth floor. It had all the amenities including a very comfortable king sized bed and a small refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was fine - bagels, muffins - the usual. The hotel is in the downtown area and so close to restaurants and stores for browsing. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We also enjoyed a drink in the bar next door. So handy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear catpat66,

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Prime down town location with great modern amenities. Big whiskey great for a cocktail and very convenient parking for the guests. My new favorite place to stay when visiting my daughter on Morgantown! Goodbye waterfront hello chestnut!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear CLK1232,

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I came into town for business and was redirected to The Chestnut Hotel... and so glad I was. This hotel is in the center of Morgantown and has a lot to offer. The staff was extremely welcoming and very accommodating to my needs. The room was very spacious and my favorite was the modern artwork! I was able to enjoy a quiet cocktail on the 4th floor rooftop. I've stayed in many hotels including boutique style... they hit the nail on the head on this one. Morgantown is lucky to have such a complex. I will be staying again for sure.

Room Tip: Let them know why you are staying... I explained I was in for business and they situated me in a roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheChestnut, Guest Relations Manager at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
John D -
Thank you so much for taking a moment to give feedback from your recent stay at The Chestnut Hotel. We are excited to showcase the bar and lounge area on the 4th floor, and appreciate knowing that you were staying with us for business, so our team could find the right room to help make your stay truly exceptional.
We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Morgantown area.
Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a great hotel in the heart of Morgantown! I recently had to pick my son up for spring break and last minute decided to stay at the Chestnut Hotel. I was thoroughly satisfied with the experience! Everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly. The room I stayed in was spacious and clean. There is a parking garage attached to the hotel, so there was no need to drive anywhere once I arrived. In the morning there is a complimentary breakfast that was a perfect way to start the day! I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Maureen T -
We are so pleased that you found our new hotel to be a great option to your recent trip to Morgantown. Please keep us in mind for future travels to Morgantown as well!