“Comfortable, clean, convenient”

SpringHill Suites Morgantown
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
“Comfortable, clean, convenient”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

One night stay for a business meeting in the area. Room met my three 3 Cs: comfortable, clean, and convenient. Was able to check in early and take a much needed nap. Staff person at the front desk was friendly and professional. She was putting out fresh baked cookies as I arrived and I also noticed a crock pot of soup available to guests. Bed was extremely comfortable with good quality linens and pillows. Towels were of good quality as well and in ample supply. Room and bathroom were clean and well maintained. Some slight carpet wear near doorway to bathroom and some piling of sofa fabric but otherwise everything was in good shape and looked practically new. TV was a flat screen but older model (date on back listed year as 2004) but was placed on a turntable so it could be angled toward sleeping or sitting area as needed. Limited range of channels typical for hotel chains. My Ipod Touch picked up the free WiFI from the room. Breakfast offered a good selection of items. Easy access to highway and several fast food options just a few steps from hotel. Grocery store just a short drive/walk further down. Not much else appeared to be near the hotel but downtown Morgantown is only a 10-15 minute drive. Would stay here again based on this great experience!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Richboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We travel often usually in upscale hotels. We went to Morgantown for our grandson's graduation. We had 3 extremely comfortable and pleasant days at SpringHill Suites. Our suite was attractive and spotless. There was nothing that we needed that was not available. Staff at the front desk was extremely pleasant and helpful. There were specials such as coffee, fruit and cookies when we arrived in the lobby - a nice surprise. We had an emergency at midnight and the staff was there to help. Finally, I left a shoe in the closet. They looked high and low - found my shoe and mailed it to me. Plan to make my reservation early for my second grandson's graduation in 6 months.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Overpriced for the quality of service and the room. The room had a strange set up with old TV sitting in an odd position. The towels were smalll, rough, and paper thin. The sink did not drain. There was light coming thru the sides of the front door and the sound of the elevator throughout the night, There was hardly any breakfast left The beds were hammocked and soft with cheap bedding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Pleasegoaway2008
Columbus, OH
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Stayed at SpringHill Suites at Morgantown for one night on our way from Virginia to Ohio. I would say that of all my travel stops (quite frequent), this hotel is at the bottom of my list. Even being a Silver Level member of Marriott's Club, I was given a room right next to two constantly moving elevators. There was a group of high school girls talking in the middle of the hall way and you can hear everything. The noisy level is totally unbearable. My son who has autism and especially sensitive to noisy could not fall sleep until 2am, hours past his normal bed time. When I called the front desk to ask a different room, the girl simply told me that the hotel was sold out. Not even a single room to spare. I found that to be unbelievable. Just looking at the cars parked, I cannot imagine a sold-out (I could be wrong). Free breakfast in the morning was much better than other SpringHill, TownPlace, or Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Doc_Genetics
Natick,Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We just stayed here one night when we were moving our student into WVU the next day. It is not that close to WVU, maybe 15 minutes away, but it is worth the stay. The hotel is new, clean, and spacious and the complimentary breakfast is very good.

It is right off the interstate, but there are only fast food restaurants nearby. It's only a 10-15 minute drive to downtown or the mall area where there are tons of restaurants. The staff was very good and helpful.

We'd highly recommend this hotel as a good choice when visiting Morgantown.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed just one night, but was very pleased with the hotel. We had a king suite. It had a wet bar with frig and microwave, small living area with a couch, chair, and desk. The bedroom wasn't very large, but certainly adequate. The bath was roomy. The entire room was very clean. I wish there had been a sit-down restaurant close by; the only close options were Burger King and Arbys. The breakfast bar is a cut above most free breakfasts. There were waffles, eggs, sausage, along with the standard cereal, rolls, muffins, etc. The eating area was very spacious with a large flat screen tv so that guests could watch the news. This is my first stay in a SpringHill Suites, but if this is any indication of the quality of the brand, I will definitely stay at another.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Springhill Suites in Morgantown was everything you expect from a Marriott mid level hotel. The free Breakfast was a bit above average. Ironically there was no fresh fruit despite the banner showing canteloupe and honeydew. Anyway the hotel was clean fresh and easy to find off of 68.

I really appreciated the PURELL offered at the vanity for me to take with me. I wish all hotels would provide a useful amenity like PURELL for travelers.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family