New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
USA
“Top Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have to admit when I first drove up, I was not that impressed. But once inside, the building took on a new meaning. It is very nicely kept and new looking. The rooms are in tip-top shape and have all the amenities of home. Nice gym and pool. FREE COOKIES and coffee in the evenings. FREE INTERNET. FREE buffet breakfast and not just simple items or continental. This is a full breakfast. Arbys, Dunkin Donuts and Burger King, among other places, within 100 feet of the front door.
A very good hotel for the price and the only place to stay in Morgantown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry8241

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took the G'mas out to visit our daughter at WVU for the holiday weekend. We have stayed at this hotel approximately 3 years ago and had a very good stay then. We were very pleased with our stay this time also. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, especially housekeeping. We arrived mid-afternoon to an array of warm cookies and iced lemonade. Our suite was very clean, the beds are comfortable, a nice kitchenette and sitting/work area. We didn't get the opportunity to walk the trail behind the hotel this visit but we did before and it is a nice trail. It is close to Interstate 68-79, we found easy ways to get to downtown Morgantown from there and had a wonderful visit. We most definitely will stay at the SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HorseMom05
Pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here with my 17 yr old son for college visit and baseball camp. Room was spotless and so were the common areas. We arrived early and checked in promptly. I was worried about road noise and asked for room in the back, but I spoke to a fellow traveler and they said noise was not an issue upfront.I agree with other reviewers about being an odd part of town, but we felt very safe and we did find some nice dining choices( just had to search a bit).Staff very friendly and helpful. Only disappointment was breakfast. Could have been better. There was a back road... that took us directly downtown in about 8 minutes. This made all of Morgantown very accessible from hotel.

Severna Park, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Updated since my last visit, this Marriott fan was not disappointed. Efficient and friendly staff. Usually prefer top-floor rooms but checked in early (thanks, Marriott) and was given a first floor room right off the lobby. I was reticent at first but soon realized it was great to be so close to it all. Enjoyed a glass of wine (bought at the CVS nearby) and a book on a lounge chair outside the indoor pool area. Despite it being off the parking area, it was relaxing and quiet. Great night's sleep; never heard a peep all night. Perfect! Breakfast was above and beyond the usual hotel fare -- eggs, waffles, muffins, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cold cereals, all the juices and great coffee. Convenient to 68 and 79 and several dollar stores, CVS, a Kroger, Dunkin Donuts, KFC right up the street. Suited me perfectly as a place to stay while getting my son situated at WVU.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms are clean and the service was excellent. Special kudos to the lady in charge of breakfast who did a fabulous job of keeping everything fresh and well stocked. We loved the little extras in the breakfast area!

• Stayed August 2013
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a silver Marriott Rewards member but have never tried a Spring Hill Suites. Stopped here on a trip along I-68. Hotel is either new or renovated and has a nice modern decor. Room was quite large with a sitting area, microwave, fridge, coffee maker.

A lot of hotels offer the "free" breakfast now and this is one of those brands. The offerings are maybe a half step up from what you get at a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn breakfast. Great idea, but when there is no food put out to replace what previous guests have eaten the concept becomes pretty useless. We arrived at breakfast at 8 am with our two young children. For the 30 minutes we were there, nothing was replenished. Hot eggs and hot sausage were available, but after watching another guest scoop up the last of it there was nothing else put out our entire time there. Yes, there was someone on the staff who brought out some pastries, but then she disappeared. Saw her on our way out of the dining area talking with another employee in another part of the hotel. I would have complained, but there was nobody to complain to while I was there.

Glad we were on the top floor as our floor squeaked a lot when walking around and wouldn't want to be on a lower floor underneath that sound. The bathroom sink area is outside the toilet/shower and is open to the bedroom. Do not expect any privacy whatsoever or to sleep in while your spouse is getting ready.

Overall, I really wanted to like this place but the breakfast was a big letdown. Location however is extremely convenient to I-68.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for five nights during a business trip. From checkin throughout my stay, the staff was very friendly and eager to provide quality service. They great you with a smile and hello each and every time you enter and exit the building. The rooms provide ample space, with the bed and living room areas separated by a wall. I didn't find the living room area couch particularly inviting, but the desk worked for me. The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of good sized pillows. I also like the nice touch that the cleaning staff left a nice "hope you had a good day" note in the room each day. The breakfast has a varitety of options, including yogurt, cereal, breads, eggs and a meat, fruit and more. I would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the third floor. If you are a light sleeper, request a room in the back. I heard...