“Average hotel, not the best but not the worst either”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed the the Waterfront after being given the hotel for a priceline booking.

After reading the very recent reviews I was a little worried, but everything was fine. It is neither the best, or worst hotel I've stayed in, very middle of the road.

On the plus side, the rooms are large and the beds comfortable. On the downside, service at checkin was not very friendly and yup have to pay $6 to park your own car in an out of town location.

I would stay here again if the rate was good enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2010

There were bugs in my pillow. Of course they moved me to a different room, but with the current bedbug epidemic, I was still terrified of taking them home with me. I also found the hotel extremely overpriced. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Thank you again for providing your valuable feedback on your stay with us.
We took every measure available upon recieving your complaint to look into this matter and were unable to find any evidence of any such situation. We brought in professional exterminators that handle such issues and after spending several days analyzing several guest floors in the hotel, weren't able to identify any such issues. We do apologize for your concern and inconvenience while staying with us.
Dan Watts - General Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while moving our daughter in to her off campus apartment in downtown Morgantown. The Waterfront Place is very nice. The room was large, quiet, and clean. Our rate included breakfast which was very good, a choice of buffet or you can order any entre. When our daughter joined us for breakfast it was only around $10 for her.

We used the indoor pool twice and it was nice. You can even sit outside to dry out.

There is an adjacent parking garage which was covered and free.There is also valet parking.

I think one of the nicest things about the hotel is the riverwalk just outside. It's a nice walk with a good choice of restaurants to choose from. We chose Oliverios, which is a 5 minute walk, and sat outside along the river. Very nice and recommended.

The only downside is that downtown may be a 20 minute walk, although I think the hotel has a free shuttle.Also, the hotel has a "corporate" feel. Muzak is constant in the lobby.

Overall, this is a very nice place to stay in Morgantown if you want to be near downtown and WVU.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed one night to break up a long trip. We were met at the hotel with valet parking. As we did not purchase any packages, we paid the $5 for valet parking - well worth the $5 to not have to worry about parking, luggage etc. However, the valets were so helpful that we actually felt a bit rushed and forgot to bring in a few things. Later, the valet retrieved cheerfully what we forgot.

After reading through the tripadvisor reviews prior to making the reservation, I was hesitant to stay at the Waterfront. We found all of the negative comments ungrounded.

The beds, bedding, pillows were very comfortable. The room was obviously updated and modern with a flat screen tv and a new bathroom. Although we opted not to have a river view, we did have a partial river view that was quite relaxing.

We ate dinner and breakfast at the Regatta hotel restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was commendable.

The only slight disappointment was in the indoor pool temperature. It could have been about five degrees warmer although my daughter enjoyed it.

My daughter and I also visited the spa for a massage, facial, and pedicure before leaving. Almost a week later and our pedicures are still looking intact and as fresh as when we left.

Overall, the hotel was updated, clean, the staff friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed here August 5, 2010, during a short business trip. The hotel is quiet and the rooms are very big. My room overlooked the Monongahela River and had free internet access. The shower seemed just a little dirty but nothing to scare anyone. Overall, a pretty nice place to stay.

It's close to the downtown district of Morgantown, WV. You can walk or drive there easily.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Let's state the obvious. No one is expecting Morgantown W VA to have a really nice hotel This is not a b ig city luxury hotel, but it is much nicer than the standard fare at a a chain such as HIlton or Sheraton that is typically the best you are going to find in a small city. nice large rooms, with wonderful views right on the Monongahela river -- not one of W Va natural rushing streams, but a muscular river where work get done, locks and dams and all that stuff, but with a lush, rough hillside rising up behind it. Room service was excellent, with very good breakfasts -- not fancy new york pastries but good food. Very high quality service

The hotel was spotless and pleasant and the bedding was soft and comfortable. if it had free wireless I would not need much more. Every time you turn around there is something that is just a flicker above a hilton or a sheraton. I stayed at a Marriott in Silver Spring Md recently and the Waterfront in Morgantown was just a vastly superior experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The Waterfront Place Hotel is located beside the river in Morgantown as soon as you enter on I- 68. There is a short walk from the hotel down to the river leading to a riverwalk that takes you closer to downtown Morgantown. The views were beautiful, the surroundings quiet, and we were able to walk easily without traffic. On July 4th, there were fireworks along the river that were some of the best I have ever seen in my 45+ years. The hotel was clean, friendly, and had a wonderful restaurant which included a buffet breakfast for $10.00. We also used the work-out room and the pool/sauna. It was all very relaxing, and we hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family