“Visit with our Grandson”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation but they had rooms at a very reasonable price,my grandson wanted to swim and they had a pool and we enjoyed our visit very much,The front desk staff as well as the valet staff very very accommodating.I was alittle disappointed in the breakfast buffet,the food wasn't very good at all,the server was good but food was bad.

1  Thank Kevin M
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Kevin M,

Thank you for your excellent remarks regarding our front desk and valet staff, and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Morgantown.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in June and everything was great. My husband is a runner and loved the easy access to the trails along the water. My son and I enjoyed walking on the trails and the water view from our room. Clean room, very nice front desk staff, etc. My son and I had the breakfast buffet in the Regatta grill every day which was fine. Good selection and loved the egg white omelets. People in VA think we're nutty for vacationing in Morgantown but we love it there. Hiked, enjoyed the outdoors and enjoyed great food in the evening in local restaurants. Love the hotel too and glad Morgantown has a nice place like this. Enjoy!

2  Thank Wvpresser

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. We truly value your wonderful remarks, and we are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the outdoors during your Morgantown getaway. We hope to see you again when you plan your next vacation to Morgantown!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Waterfront Place Hotel last weekend and it was fine. The staff at the front desk and the valet station were very friendly. The best thing about it is the location on the river with the adjacent walkway , great for a late afternoon or early am walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Liz P.,
We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks regarding the front desk and valet staff, and our location along the Monongahela River and rail trail. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Toni Howard was especially kind and helpful on Saturday, June 28. She went beyond the call of duty to help me. Toni is an asset to her hotel, and should be commended for her excellent service.

Linda Sega
Hotel guest 6/27, Room 603
lcsega1@verizon.net

Room Tip: Over looking the river was very pleasant.

Linda S.,
Thank you for your excellent comments in regards to Toni Howard and her excellent service. I will be sure to pass along your review to Toni and the entire team, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband, my son and I stayed overnight in a river view room. Our room was very nice. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We had dinner in the lobby restaurant and we all enjoyed our meal and thought it was a good value. We will definitely be staying here again!

Heidi O.,
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent experience at Waterfront Place Hotel. We truly value your kind words, and we hope to make your future stay just as enjoyable as your recent stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Was here for 3 days. The food they provided was bland and was similar to wedding food. A lot of it you could tell was just heated up frozen items. When you asked for some mayonaise the waiter would tell you they'd be right back never to return. Room were large, clean and spacious but that all went down the drain when I took my luke warm shower. Then to be the final straw they charge yoi 6 dollars per day to park your car. This Morgantown WV not downtown Pittsburgh. Looks to me like they are trying to be a big city hotel in a small town. Not a good fit.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my sincerest apologies for the substandard accommodations and service levels during your recent stay. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences you encountered.

These experiences are not representative of our standard services levels, and they will be investigated promptly. I am hopeful you will grant us a second opportunity to earn back your confidence. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please call us at 304-581-2806.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I checked late in the afternoon on Friday, dropped our bags in the room then went out for dinner and a movie. When we returned as my daughter was getting into bed, she found crumbs and stains when she turned the sheets down. Housekeeping came up and changed her sheets, I told Jim mine appear fine, but he said I'm going to change those as well. Clean sheets and pillow cases all around. When we checked out the next morning, I mentioned it to the women who was helping us and she said, "yes we know, we told the housekeeping manager." The next thing she said was, "there are some incidental charges, do you want them on you credit card?" I was expecting to hear, "we're sorry for your unpleasant experience and we apologize, I hope the situation was corrected to your satisfaction. This is not something that should ever happen." I'm retired and traveled extensively during my career and can understand how something like this can happen. But good hotels have staff that know how to handle situations like these, at the WP, housekeeping gets it, the front desk staff doesn't have a clue. You want guest to leave with a good impression, not wondering what else wasn't clean and does the hotel really care.

Stayed: June 2014
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Herve B.,
On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincerest apologies for the cleanliness issues you found when turning down your linens. While I am pleased to hear Jim, a member of our Housekeeping staff, handled the situation thoroughly, you should have received an apology from our Front Desk staff, too. This matter will be properly addressed with our entire team.

Again, I apologize for these issues, and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your confidence back.