“Fantastic!”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Charleston, West Virginia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was here for a meeting; Staff were extremely accommodating and the rooms were in great condition! The bathrooms were very spacious, which is rare in hotels these days. Location was great, very easy to access and was within driving distance of WVU campus and other Morgantown attractions. The only negative I would say is parking. The parking garage is quite a distance away from the hotel and if you have a lot of luggage, could be difficult; however, there is valet parking if you're willing to pay for it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Michelle,
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay. We value your polite remarks regarding our property, and we look forward to seeing you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Ryan Alexander – Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Lewiston
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is very easy to get to when traveling through the area. It is modern, very clean well appointed, the beds are comfy and the bathroom shower and linens very nice. It has a very acceptable restaurant, regatta and it has a separate bar/lounge. We enjoy the hotel, the staff and their professionalism and friendliness. Ir is a winner for us.

Mary Alice
Lewiston, ny

Room Tip: We get the suite, a great value, a larger bath room and a separate living. Both living room and bed...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary Alice,
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel accommodations, restaurant, and staff. Thank you for your excellent review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very nice. I just wish housekeeping hadnt started knocking on our door at 9am since we had the do not disturb sign up and were checking out that day. Seems unnecessary to bother us so early.

• Stayed May 2014
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Erica S.,
Thank you for your recent review. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the disturbances you encountered in the morning. Our Executive Housekeeper will address this issue with our Housekeeping team to ensure it does not occur again.

We hope to see you again at the Waterfront.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I was in Morgantown for a conference and stayed here. The rooms were nice and clean. We had a great experience with the staff when an issue arose. However, there are little amenities for the price as others have noted. It is a short walk to several restaurants by the river and to the university campus.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew B
Thank you for taking a moment to review your Waterfront Place Hotel experience. Your kind words regarding our staff and rooms are appreciated, and we hope to see you again at the Waterfront.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The room I booked was an “executive” 2 Queen room. If I was an executive, I would fire every employee associated with this stay.

The stay started poorly, with the parking garage, which as others have stated, is a long, long ways away from the lobby. I was directed to the event center garage. When I arrived, the entrance had a red “X” above it. Everywhere in North America, a red X means “don’t proceed”. On the New York State Thruway, on the way home, a red X meant the lane was closed. On the bridge to Canada, a red X meant the toll booth was closed. Green arrows indicated a lane was open. But not at this hotel. I drove around, confused, before taking a chance and entering under the red X. I asked at the front desk, and was assured that a red X meant I was to use that entrance. That is ridiculous.

Then I went to my “executive” room. My daughter needed to go the bathroom. Good luck with that. The toilet was plugged, ON ARRIVAL. “Engineering” had to come fix that.

We had dinner. I ordered fish and chips, my son ordered chicken nuggets and fries. One problem: we were told after 15 minutes that there were no French fries. What restaurant runs out of French fries at 7 p.m on a Monday??

We went back to our “executive” room. Only one of the two sleep number beds actually worked. Yet another call to “engineering”. Do you know why it didn’t work? Because it wasn’t plugged in. That is no surprise. The way the “executive” room is designed, there is one plug with two receptacles between the beds, and a plug on the far wall. That plug was so far way from the middle of the beds that only the bed closest to the wall could have its sleep number bed plugged in. The plug between the beds has two receptacles, for three things: a lamp, a clock, and a sleep number bed. Pick your poison: you can only plug two of three things in. No wonder the bed was unplugged: the last guest actually wanted a light and a clock. They paid extra for a sleepnumber bed that had nowhere to be plugged in. I chose no clock.

While engineering fixed this problem, we went for a swim. My daughter remembered fondly the hottub. Too bad she remembers a hot tub that actually works. This year, it didn’t. Hot water but no bubbles.

I wrote to the hotel to raise these issues, but they have completely ignored my letter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ADMF
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the issues you faced during your recent stay. As you mention, the attention to detail was not up to our normal standards and for that, again, I apologize.

We appreciate all reviews we receive as they allow us to continually make adjustments in our efforts to provide the best guest experience. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our General Manager at 304-581-2806.

Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed one night at the Waterfront Place. It was a nice experience with free covered parking and helpful staff. It is good exercise in getting from the garage to the desk, but it is a nice property. The only thing from going with five stars is that in the run up to the stay, I could not get a reply to a few email questions and could get through by phone until one time that I got lucky. I was checking on AAA or AARP rates, which are not shown on their web site. They apparently do not offer these. The breakfast was fine and is served in the Regatta bar area. I would stay again as it is a nice property and along the river walking trail and walking to the downtown is easy with this trail.

Room Tip: Riverviews are nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sliphorn
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Waterfront Place Hotel. We greatly value your wonderful comments about our property and the Regatta Bar & Grille.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of response you received to your e-mails. This lack of reply is not up to our service standards, and we will look into this issue immediately.

We hope to see you again at the Waterfront.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My stay was fine, perfectly fine. But there were few extra amenities - it's pretty much like staying in a well-kept Hampton Inn. Only $50 more expensive. Bright spots: staff were bright, helpful, and responsive; room service was fast and arrived quickly. There is a hotel spa, and my hot stone massage was AMAZING. One of the best I've ever had. Weak spots: as mentioned above, rooms, amenities, overall property are absolutely fine....but nothing special. It's hard to justify spending 40% more to stay here, when there are several other good mid-range hotels nearby. Next time I'll stay at the Hampton, and book a massage at the Spa separately!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank EricaP1102
Erica P.,
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel staff, room service, and The Spa at The Waterfront. Each member of our staff takes great pride in his/her work; I will be sure to share your compliments with our team members.

We are glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your hot stone massage, and we hope you will visit us again when you next visit Morgantown.