“Excellent Front Desk Service”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Excellent Front Desk Service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Alaina at the Front Desk was amazing she went above and beyond to help us, her customer service skills are exceptional. She treated our group with the utmost respect and courtesy. The Waterfront Hotel is beautiful and is easily accessible from the interstate. We can't wait to visit again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your delightful comments regarding your recent stay. I will ensure Alaina receives your compliments, and we look forward to your return visit to the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Best regards,
Marketing Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Rockland Cnty, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not much to say about this hotel...It was a quick entry and registration. Staff was pleasant enough.
There was no bell staff, no one to open the door or greet guests...had to carry my own luggage all around the place.
Room was spacious enough for a business traveler. Clean and the technology in the room was up to date.
The hotel bar was a little expensive for the area. I would encourage everyone to go to town for a bite. But be prepared for a little walk. Not bad for a nice warm night, but would be terrible in the winter. All-in-all i would recommend the hotel for the area.

Room Tip: ASk for room on the water side...DO NOT get a front facing room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. I am sorry that you did not receive assistance upon entering the hotel; I will look into why the bell staff was absent. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel when traveling to Morgantown, which I recently started doing. I love the hotel and the front desk staff is very welcoming and accommodate my needs. The guys that greet you upon arrival and help with valet parking and luggage are extra nice. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Sometimes the ice makers on the floors don't work but I can usually find one working on another floor. My one complaint about the hotel is the restaurant and room service. The restaurant food is average in my opinion. Room service is supposed to be available until 10pm but no one answers the phone after 9:30 - this has happened to me on my last 2 trips which is disappointing. The hotel is the nicest in Morgantown but the restaurant and service there doesn't match up. I hope for improvement there. I still recommend the hotel and there are good restaurant choices nearby: oliverio's, mountain state brewery, and Sargosso's are all very close and great food and service.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding our hotel accommodations and staff. I do apologize for the lack of response you received with in-room dining. This service level is not up to our standards and it will be addressed immediately. Again, thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you in the future.

Best regards,
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

While I have stayed here before and given it a higher rating, I cannot this time. The hotel itself is still an exceptional property. The problem is how I booked it. I used Priceline as I have in the past for this property. However this time when I checked in, I was informed that there was a $6 fee for parking. When I stated " oh, you no longer have free parking", I was informed that they charge if you book through various sites, such as Priceline. Why participate with Priceline if you are going to have additional charges to make up the difference? This property has lost any further business from myself and our future business travels.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. Guest comments like yours allow us to continually improve our service and guest experience. Let me apologize for the error during check-in as you were misinformed regarding parking. All hotel guests incur a parking charge whether they self or valet park. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to earn back your confidence.

Sophia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Waterfront Place Hotel numerous times and I've never been disappointed. The staff (Haley, Toni and Jonathan) provide exceptional customer service and they are always a pleasure to deal with. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is like a home away from home! A special thanks to these three for a job well done!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger W
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We have an amazing staff and Haley, Toni and Jonathan are integral members of our team. I will ensure all three receive your compliments. Thank you for your continued patronage and we hope to see you again soon.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first time to WP Hotel. The location is great beautiful foliage and landscape. Parking price is minimal. The room was nice and clean. Regatta all you can eat prime rib and crab legs, mashed potato bar, salad bar and desert for $32. Prime rib was excellent. The breakfast buffet was great as well made to order omlets and fruit buffet , bacon, sausage, french toast, biscuits, hashbrowns for $12. I will definetely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to earn your patronage. We value your kind remarks regarding our accommodations and restaurant, and we look forward to your next visit to Morgantown.

Warm Regards,
Reviewed August 11, 2013

When I checked out I accidentally left my iPad in the room and headed south without knowing. Our cleaner, Tamera, found the iPad and tried to locate me through a hotel guest she thought I might know. She also returned the iPad to Housekeeping. Thanks to Tamera my iPad is being sent to me right now. Kudos to Tamera and the hotel!! Thanks Diane T.

• Stayed August 2013
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are incredibly proud of our staff, and Tamera is an outstanding asset to our team. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

All the best,