“Great experience at Waterfront Place Hotel”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visit Morgantown regularly and have stayed at WPH frequently.
The hotel offers all one needs away from home. Good and friendly service, an excellent Gym and Indoor Swimming Pool, easy to all areas in and around Morgantown and excellent Business and Convention facilities.
We recently had a family function and had a group of guests stay at the hotel.The service personnel in particular were great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your kind comments about our friendly service, excellent gym and indoor swimming pool. Again, I appreciate your polite words and we hope to see you during future visits to Morgantown.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Waterfront is my home away from home! It is a blessed place...the river, the sky..it is a holy place. The employees are over and above... God Bless and Michael is an amazing manager and Host. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Room Tip: Riverfront room if you can
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your kind words about our staff. Michael is an excellent asset to our hotel and we are happy to have him on our team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Second time here and still happy. Both times we have stayed here we have had dinner and both times it was an enjoyable time. Your not going to get a free breakfast and your going to pay to park, but the staff is friendly, rooms clean, big flat screen tv, nice workout room, pool, hot tub and view of the river.

Room Tip: Have dinner outside in the summer
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your polite remarks concerning our restaurant, staff and accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a nice dinner experience during both of your stays. We have an excellent culinary team in the Regatta Bar & Grille and are proud of the product they consistently provide. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times while visiting family in Morgantown. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern and the restaurants have a nice atmosphere. The small indoor pool is a nice feature for those who travel with kids.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your outstanding review and continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again in the future at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a very amazing hotel I stayed there about 2 weeks ago and honestly it was one of the best hotels I stayed at. The bellman brad and Vaugn catered to my every need. Tony at the front desk seemed like she Genuinely cared if I had a good stay or not and Overall I'd Recommend this hotel to anyone. And make sure you look for those people. They made my day! Great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your polite review regarding your recent stay. Brad, Vaughn and Toni are valuable parts of our staff and we are fortunate to have them on our team. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here during the Miss West Virginia event this week. The 3 days I stayed here were very busy but I was able to relax in between all the activities because of some very nice features at this hotel. First off, the room was very comfy. I was able to regulate the temperature of the room, the beds were heavenly, the TV had lots of stations if I decided to watch. The fitness center was a particularly nice surprise, since so many hotels seem to add these as an after thought. This one had at least 8 late-model cardio machines (treadmills, bikes, eliiptical trainers). There was also a nice variety of weight machines, including my favorite ab cruncher! Some of the cardio machines face out the window with a nice view of the river. I had late lunches each day at the Regatta. The bar was fairly well stocked with a nice selection of wines, including by the glass, and I was not disappointed by the food. Whatever I ordered, salad, salmon, fries, burger, whatever; it was fresh and cooked just right. There is nothing more depressing than salmon cooked to hockey puck consistency, but I didn have that experience here, it was perfectly cooked. The hotel is within walking distance of the downtown area, where there are some nice boutiques, an excellent wine store, and even a toy store. Back in the room, the wireless Internet was fast and reliable. The staff was mostly friendly, but not overly helpful. I was obviously struggling with a heavy cart and the bellboy didn't offer to help me. Also, I guess I'm just used to hotels providing mini-fridges and microwaves these days, but they were not here at this hotel.... No biggie, but it would be nice to not have to depend on the restaurant for all your meals since there really isn't anything within a 20 minute walk. I usually bring my own yogurt or instant oatmeal when I travel, so I wasn't able to do that this time. Also.... Guests have to pay for coffee from the restaurant! And Im sorry, but those coffee pods.... Yuck. It would be nice to provide free coffee for guests. Other than those minor issues, this was a nice place to stay and I would definitely stay here again,

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for the candid review regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for the lack of assistance you received with your baggage. This response is not typical of our staff and it will be addressed promptly. Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Waterfront Place Hotel, for the second time. My first visit was absolutely perfect. Unfortunately this time there was discrepancy with my reservation. The manager was very helpful with correcting the problem with little to no resistance, Because of the hospitable treatment, I still highly recommend a stay in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the discrepancy in your reservation; however, I am pleased to hear the manager resolved the issue promptly. Again, thank you for your kind comments.