“Great!”
Review of Regatta Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Regatta Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Foodies visiting the Morgantown Marriott will find full-service dining located within the hotel at Bourbon Prime, a new bourbon-inspired restaurant. Executive Chef Jeremy Bosley has created a “wild and wonderful” West Virginia experience by consistently offering a menu of locally sourced items, including prime cuts of beef, inventive artisanal cocktails, and fine craft beers. Bourbon Prime is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Great!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a great breakfast and my server Missy invited me back for the lunch buffet for Italian day. Not disappointed. The baked ziti was great and the desserts to die for. So glad I got to enjoy your breakfast and lunch buffets.

Morgantown, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously?!?”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Awful, awful, awful! I've been giving this place a chance for more than 6 years, hoping it will, at some point, prove me wrong. But in the end it's disappointment after disappointment. It's conveniently located to my job which is THE ONLY reason I've even given it more than one shot. Today was by far the worst experience!! Don't get me wrong, the food isn't bad, I wouldn't call it great... mediocre at best. However, it is COMPLETELY overpriced!! Today I ordered the fish sandwich, if it hadn't been for the potato wedges I would still be starving instead of just moderately hungry. The time it took to receive it was pretty much unacceptable and from what I could tell they were understaffed. The sandwich came out, on what I can only describe as a slightly bigger hot dog bun with two small pieces of fried fish on it. I paid almost $9 for this sandwich not including a drink and tip. I was hoping with new hotel management that they might be doing a little better but the only difference I noticed was that the fish sandwich that I usually get was half the size for the same price. I watched another table of 4-6 storm out refusing to pay for anything they ordered. However, I don't blame this at all the wait staff, they can only work with the resources they are given. They didn't make the prices or portions and the staff is only as good as their management. It makes me sad that many of these employees will be losing money in tips because of the poor management of this restaurant. Clean your act up and deliver something that is worth the money!! You're awful!!

1 Thank R J
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Regatta Bar & Grille, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear R.J.,
On behalf of the Regatta Bar & Grille, I am truly sorry for the poor dining experience you had during your recent visit. The issues you addressed in your review are not acceptable and not up to our service standards. Our Director of Food & Beverage will be addressing these issues with our staff to ensure a better dining experience in the future.

I sincerely appreciate your patronage over the past six years, and, again, I am sorry for your disappointing meal.

Ryan Alexander – Sales Manager
WV USA
“Fantastic service and food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had twenty for breakfast in the private room just off the main restaurant. The room was set up so nice and our personal waiter, Joe M. was kind and attentive to all of us. He could not do enough to make our special day even better. The food was good and it was nice to slip outside to view the river from the terrace. The room was beautiful with a fireplace.

Ft. Collins, Colorado
“Needs help”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time dining here. Once after a WVU football game and then after WVU graduation. I feel like I dined at two very different places. The first visit was a beautiful, delicious food and well staffed restaurant. The second was a dirty, terrible staffed and tasteless food restaurant. I don't know what happened between the two visits, but something did. I hope the first place returns soon. They say the third time is a charm.

Visited May 2014
Champaign, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Service was great. Food came quickly and the gentleman was willing to take my personal card to pay for the meal instead of charging it to the room (which meant he had to go back to the restaurant and come back again).

Ordered the onion soup - not quite what I was expecting (less broth than I would have liked). But the regatta salad was delicious, although I'd ask for less dressing next time.

Visited April 2014