“Great Lunch Buffet & Service”
Review of Regatta Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Regatta Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Foodies visiting the Morgantown Marriott will find full-service dining located within the hotel at Bourbon Prime, a new bourbon-inspired restaurant. Executive Chef Jeremy Bosley has created a “wild and wonderful” West Virginia experience by consistently offering a menu of locally sourced items, including prime cuts of beef, inventive artisanal cocktails, and fine craft beers. Bourbon Prime is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been here a few times for the lunch buffet. No doubt, best lunch buffet in Morgantown in a neat setting. I like seeing all of the rowing memoribilia, reminds me of fitter days on the Allegheny. The service is prompt, they know you're there for lunch and only have a finite amount of time. If you find yourself at the Waterfront and want a good lunch in under an hour, strongly recommend.

Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Regatta Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Regatta Bar & Grille, I want to thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Ryan Alexander
Marketing Specialist

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ate at the Regatta recently and had the crab leg and prime rib buffet. The prime rib and sides were excellent, though the guy serving the prime rib the night we visited was not very nice. Our server was excellent, though I believe there may not have been enough people on the floor as she was extremely busy and running a lot.

We were exhausted and this is located in a hotel so we ate here. While the price was acceptable, had the food been better, the crab legs were not that good. I think the desserts sat out all evening on a bar area, this was sort of creepy given who knows what could have been done to them and some of them really should have been refrigerated.

I think this tries to be a nice place and it very well could be, but they definitely miss the mark. There are better places within walking distance. If you are exhausted - the food is passable.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

great service. great food. the staff was very professional and friendly. relaxing on the river deck was great.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had dinner here one evening before a business meeting. It was quiet, and the fireplace added a bit to the atmosphere. The service was adequate,but not great, especially since it was not especially crowded this evening. Because it was later than I normally eat, I only had soup and salad, and did not have an entre. Both the chicken soup and the salad were good, but nothing extraordinary - guess there is only so much one can do with these items.

I also had (a business) breakfast here. The restaurant was busy, but our server was very attentive, kept our coffee cups topped off, and brought our meals quickly. I had oatmeal, which came nicely decorated with fruit in an enormous oversized bowl - the largest serving of oatmeal I have ever been served. Great service at breakfast is a great way to start the day! Thanks.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Disappointing is the only word for the experience at Regatta. Poor service tops the list. Waited 40 minutes for a table due to short staff. My wife and I just ordered oatmeal. We waited for 20 minutes for the oatmeal and walked out. The manager apologized, but it was too late. Fix the problem, don't apologize!

1  Thank Steve M