“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Regatta Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Regatta Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Foodies visiting the Morgantown Marriott will find full-service dining located within the hotel at Bourbon Prime, a new bourbon-inspired restaurant. Executive Chef Jeremy Bosley has created a “wild and wonderful” West Virginia experience by consistently offering a menu of locally sourced items, including prime cuts of beef, inventive artisanal cocktails, and fine craft beers. Bourbon Prime is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Disappointing is the only word for the experience at Regatta. Poor service tops the list. Waited 40 minutes for a table due to short staff. My wife and I just ordered oatmeal. We waited for 20 minutes for the oatmeal and walked out. The manager apologized, but it was too late. Fix the problem, don't apologize!

1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We didn't eat any meals here except for breakfast buffet which was decent but not amazing. Worth the $12, but I would consider ordering off the menu unless hungry.

The pour on the drinks was decent and the appetizers were small, but tasty.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

If the Regatta is going to claim to be upscale, they certainly need help. Made reservations for a retirement party on Friday night, I was told that valet service was available but upon arrival the limo driver had to search, and search, for assistance. He was then told that HE could park the limo about 2 blocks away, way down behind the hotel close to Waterfront Jeep. The staff was unfriendly, the waitress knew nothing about the wine list, and the food was cold. To top it off I made the mistake of paying with a debit card. When I signed onto my bank account this morning I saw two holds on my account totaling $350 for a $250 tab, When I contacted Shawn Powell, manager of the Regatta, he told me that he recieves phone calls daily regarding "overholds", that it is a computer glich that adds add 20-30% to the bank hold just to make sure there is enough money in the account, in case we would need anything else from them. WHAT? So they are holding my $100 for 7-10 days, even though my tab, clearly already included tax and gratuity, and I signed a credit card slip that authorized $250. I wonder if Shawn would give me, as a perfect stranger, $100, if I said, "oh I will put it back in your bank account in 7-10 days?" I called my bank who told me the Regatta could, and should, release the charges immediately, and to call them back and ask them to do so. I called Shawn back, he said he could not do it, it would have to go to accounting and they are out for a long holiday weekend, but he offered no apology or resolution. What a crock, they made charges that I did not authorize, and you can bet I will be at my bank first thing in the morning to file a fraudulant charge complaint against them.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We usually eat breakfast here after our stay at the Hotel and we have always gotten a great meal and feel for the money its well worth it. We have had drinks in the bar at night though its nice the prices are a bit high but its a hotel so you should expect that.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Dinner was very nice. The breakfast buffet was variable--sometimes the food was tepid. The decor of the place was of rowing and had a nice sports bar.