“A pleasant surprise and a great bargain!”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I had read a few questionable reviews of this motel, but I was only staying here for one night and the price was a steal, so I decided what the heck. Turns out it was not only a good decision to stay here but a pleasant surprise. My room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but that's no big deal. Wi-fi worked fine. I did notice the same cooking odor that some other reviewer had mentioned, but wasn't a real issue. It took a little while to cool the room down since the room had a central AC unit and a thermostat instead of a window unit. I requested a room on the ground floor when I made my reservation and they accommodated my request and i was able to park right outside my door. I would not hesitate to stay at this Quality Inn again if I am back in Morgantown.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank millenniumhwy

Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel exceeded my expectations. After reading some reviews I wasnt sure if I really wanted to stay, but I went ahead and gave it a chance. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay a great experience. The breakfast was great as well. The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank volvo4lyfe
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Pretty shabby. Dirty towels were in the room. They did replace the towels quickly and changed the sheets for us. The stairwells were dirty and had cigarette butts all over. The air conditioning barely worked and late in the evening someone must have been cooking because a strong smell of curry came through the air conditioning vent. This lasted for about 1/2 hour. The one good thing I can say is that the water pressure in the shower was good. I was never so happy to check out of a motel. This is the worst place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejphilly
Reviewed June 15, 2010

On our way home from Gettysburg, where we had stayed at a wonderful Quality Inn, we needed a place to stay one night. We were tired, and had already tried two hotels that were full. We saw the sign for Quality inn. The price was great and should have been our first hint at trouble. The first room they put us in was nasty dirty. When we pulled down the blankets to check the bed (we always do that) the bottom sheet was dirty and had a pair of dirty socks on it. Gross. I immediatly called the front desk and asked for a new room. The desk clerk was very nice about it and said of course he would change our room. When my daughter went to get the new room key he apologized and said that some of their maids are questionable. (So fire them.) The second room was much cleaner but the air conditioning didn't work very well. By then we were too tired to change again, and slept with no covers and suffered through the night. Couldn't wait to get out of there early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I only stayed one night. The room itself wasn't too bad. Aesthetics aside, as they are not really mandatory for me, the room seemed clean. However, the continental breakfast was the bare minimum. There were only a few items I could eat. There was no variety for those on a diabetic diet.

What I really have a problem with, is charging me more than the room was reserved for. I didn't know until check out that I was charged more than the reserved rate. I am not happy about that.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We recentley stayed at the Quality Inn in Morgantown,and greatly enjoyed our stay! The staff was very freindly and helpfull.Our room was very clean and the wireless internet worked flawlessly! The price was also excellent,so if you are traveling to the Morgantown area and want great service,and to save money this is def. the hotel to go to!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Mold growing in the bathroom shower on ventilation grilles
Ripped carpeting that you trip on.
Cigarette burns in the comforters and sheet in a non-smoking room Number 354
Polyester pillows that I wouldn't let my dog sleep on
Ripped upholstery in the chairs
A set of drawers that would not open because the vanity had collapsed in the middle
Wireless internet that doesn't connect and don't try calling the front desk
The rudest desk manager every that has been encountered - Veronica
She threatended to call the police when my spouse asked to adjust the bill for an overcharge.
It was not worth the $15 to deal with the aggravation.
The manager, Jean has yet to call us back.
They are are trying to rehabilitate a hotel that is only used to accomodate overflow of West Virginia football games where they triple the rates.
Parking area is filled with a dumpster and new bathtubs they ordered but hope that some local unemployeed contractor will install.
you would be better off sleeping in your car.
I am only sorry I did not take pictures to send to the department of health.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple