“Sleeping in your car is a better option”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Pittsburgh, PA
“Sleeping in your car is a better option”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Worst hotel I've ever stepped into. Came down to Morgantown from Pittsburgh for a WVU game and booked this place last minute. The people at the front desk were very nice, but we were disgusted when we took one step into the room. Broken fixtures, stains everywhere, and a mildew and grime ridden bathroom. Stayed for a whole 20 minutes before we decided to just drive back to Pittsburgh right then and there. Didn't check out. Didn't let the front desk know. Just left the keys in the room and got out of there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wheels0207

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

i stayed here for about a month and during that month they kicked me out twice because some one else had made reservations so i had to pack my stuff up and look for another hotel came back paid for another week while my stay they shut power off my food got spoiled they did not want to remeburse me they did not want to remeburse me for my four days that they owe me for kicking me out they are disrespectful and dont care about you there outlets in some rooms dont work the television sets dont work good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank michael a
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were evicted from the hotel for bringing the following items to the manager's attention.

Bug infestation
• Unsanitary conditions and health hazards
• Structural and code violations

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GeorgeC1031
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Awful hotel. The room smelled musty and the hardwood floors were filthy. No sheets for the sleeper sofa, pillows were terrible and bathroom floor and shower head were dirty. Had to sign in for breakfast. My son did so and then tried to take a muffin back to the room and the breakfast attendant told him he couldn't take it out. Ridiculous. Will be back in Morgantown again next weekend and will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nodakker1984
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place was absolutely horrible. I guess you get what you pay for. My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night while passing through. I booked this hotel online as it looked like a decent place to stay. Boy, were we wrong! Here is what happened:

1. The hotel staff was friendly, but that did not make up for the disgusting rooms. The first room we stayed in had stink bugs crawling all over the ceiling above the bed.

2. The faucets did not work properly and the shower (I took a shower before we saw the bugs) didn't drain. When we told the staff we'd like a different room, they said "not to diminish your concern, but all of our rooms have bug issues".

3. We were put into another room, which thankfully had no bugs, but wreaked of cigarette smoke. As a pregnant woman already allergic to smoke, I was less than thrilled.

4. Parking was a pain as there was construction all around.

Instead of sleeping in and enjoying our night, my husband and I decided to get the minimum amount of rest and then booked it out of there the following morning. Never, ever stay here!

Room Tip: No rooms are good. Pay just a bit more and stay somewhere else instead.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa v
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just staying in the hotel this past weekend. My first thought when I opened the door to my room was 'this is something out of a horror film'. I seriously have no idea where to start. The sheets were stained, and the floors were dirty. The bathroom was probably the worst part. Between the 4 of us that stayed in the room, the 2 females refused to use the restroom, and all 4 of us refused to use the shower. The floors in the bathroom were scummy, so if you are going to use the restroom, make sure to at least wear sandals. The highlight was the cockroach that kept watch of us on the top of the wall. On a positive note at least I now have an idea of what being in a jail cell must be like.

Room Tip: Go out to the parking lot. Get into your car. Turn it on. Leave.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DNL12_12
Charlotte
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Listed are just a few of the problems: hole in bathroom door, rags stuffed into ceiling ties/stains on ceiling tiles in bathroom, tub had large black chips in enamel, wore flip flops to take a shower; oily substance on floor near bed, don't think the floor was cleaned in a long time and fake wood floors, ugh! Wifi did not work and where were the premium linens and bath robes listed - more like dormroom stuff with scratchy towels. Toilet wouldn't flush most of the time. If this place was renovated in January of 2011, what was it like before? If we hadn't pre-paid - no refunds permitted - we would have found another place.

Room Tip: First room was just so awful, we moved to a totally different building, C, I believe.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family