“Clean, Great Breakfast Buffet”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable--nothing special, but good value for the fees. We stayed with our two young granddaughters who didn't get a good first impression because the sidewalks were dirty. (They could use a good power washing.) The girls also complained that there were some things laying on the ground outside--a child's animal pillow and somebody's shoes. I'm sure the staff cleaned them up the next day. The room gave a better impression than the exterior did.
The breakfast was way beyond what we expected. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, Bagels & cream cheese, muffins, honeybuns, bananas, apples, oranges, orange juice, apple juice, Activia Yogurt, Dannon yogurt, cereals, hard boiled eggs, chunk cheese, milk, coffee...
The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank laurelboo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The room was lacking a microwave and small refridgerator which i noticed was in all the other rooms on my floor as I walked by. The electronic card key did not work most of the time and I had to get maintenance to let me in. I felt like a prisoner due to this and was nervous about going out since I never knew if my key would let me back in without a big hassel. I asked for a different room and was told there were none. I would never use this hotel again and if it were the only one available I would book my stay in the next town over gladly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed in this motel last night (July 21, 2012). This motel is so gross and dirty. I booked it through Hotels.com and checked in around midnight. Other motels in the area were booked. Anyways, the shower was so dirty we could not or would not shower in it. The pillowcases were so dirty that we covered them with t-shirts before we put our heads down on them. The room looked like it had not been cleaned. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I can't believe that they are even open. This place needs to be condemned. The website is totally misleading.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Drew D
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were looking for a hotel near the Coliseum at the University of West Virginia. I error we selected this hotel. It was terrible. It is an old, old Holiday Inn. Rooms had a musky odor which which they tried to cover up with flowery spray. Offered WiFI but it rained and we could not connect to; we were told it had to do with the rain! Suppose to get free breakfast but they had a leak in the dinning room and could not serve breakfast. Staff was not helpful. Only good thing was we were there only one night.

Room Tip: Don't ask staff at the University of West Virginia where to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rose K
Reviewed July 13, 2012

What a pie hole! Musty smelling room. Advertised wifi and pool. No wifi and half of the pool has been dug up for who know's how long. I won't even elaborate on the mold around the a/c vents. Save your money and find a Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Starsky9907
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The bathroom ceiling was nasty. I had to shower my lil kids because the tub was terrible. The pool was closed for the season. (So if it isn't open in July, what season would it be open.) The towels and wash clothes looked like what would be thrown away from another hotel. This hotel used to belong Quality Inn. This place even kept their phones and put stickers over their name. The wi-fi was a joke. I only paid $79 and the breakfast was fair. But if there is anything else available stay there. I have stayed in many places this was the worst!!

Room Tip: Wifi is basically worthless unless you in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HomePapa
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't begin to describe how dirty this place is. Bird poop everywhere outside, peeling paint, yuck. The first room we were given had car air fresheners hung over the air conditioner vent and it smelled like stale food. It was 95 degrees and pool was closed which was the main reason we booked here. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012