“What a dump.”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed May 12, 2011

If you like bugs, no A/C and smelly rooms, this is the place for you. It is inexpensive for a reason. They do have a nice breakfast selection.

Room Tip: Read reviews to get a true picture of the accomod.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Biggreg3939
There are newer reviews for Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center

Reviewed April 15, 2011

Perfect location for my trip. RIght off of I-79 exit 155. Close to WVU, Stadium.

Nice reception and good breakfast for the 69.99 per night

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly
Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2011

On a trip back from Florida I had the misfortune of picking this property to stay at late at night. In one term, this place is a dump. Don't stay here.

The check in was pleasant, bu when we got to the room, it was obvious the "quality" of this place was absent. First, the room smelled musty and after turning on the air conditioner to heat up the room, it smelled worse. Immediately we noticed the carpet was extremely soiled with what looked like blood and other various stains. The paint was peeling everywhere in the room, and the artwork looked like it had been recovered from a hurricane it was so damaged.

In the bathroom, the toilet ran all night. The tub didn't drain to the point of having to cut the shower short as to not flood the bathroom. The towels also had an aroma to them that clearly wasn't fresh laundry smell.

The only redeeming thing about the room is that the bed sheets looked clean. One of the beds had a broken leg though so it meant sleeping on an angle.

I could go on more, but there is no point. This place is disgusting. Don't stay there.

I'll post photos shortly for your viewing displeasure.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nascar3fan
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed there for only one night because my son plans to attend WVU and this hotel was listed on the brochure. I thought it shouldn't be that bad. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming considering it was 2:30am. We requested a King with sofa sleeper. The first room did not have a sofa, so they gave us a suite at the same price. Great right? No way! The thermostat said "90 degrees" but it felt like 65 degrees! The attached suite had a jacuzzi, sofa bed, and an additional shower. The shower had what appeared to be blood or rust running down the shower. Totally gross! We were tired and there was another shower, that was fairly decent. We had to pull the sofa to the main room (there was no wall separating the rooms) because it was freezing on the other side! Then we had to go to the main desk to get bedding. It was so cold that I slept with my clothes and coat on. The tv, wii fi, and shower were okay. It was just way to cold and the thermostat was obviously broken although there was barely heat pumping out.

The room smelled like one of those hotel rooms near the beach, a tad moldy smell. Upon check-out, I informed them of that rust or blood stuff and the clerk told me "yeah the wall was bad and they were working on it." Why would you put someone in there if you knew there was a problem? Had it been earlier in the day, I would have picked a different hotel. Although it was cheap, I would not stay there again. If you are just looking for a place to lay your head and don't care about being cold in Feb, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Perfectly clean room, firm bed, high pressure hot shower, ok heating unit, adequate breakfast and very close to WVU camput. What more do you want from a hotel, especially one that costs less than half the nearby Holiday Inn? Yes, there were a couple of dings in the bathroom door, the bathroom walls could be resurfaced, and the carpet and comforter are dated - but everything was clean and worked. Check-in was easy. I was hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but have no complaints whatsoever. Indeed, I'm staying there again next week and will recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was back and forth on this hotel and how I felt about it. I knew it was a pretty cheap nightly rate but it was one of the last hotels with vacancies as I was there for a WVU event.

The front desk staff was very accommodating when I requested a different room because I thought I reserved a king bed plus pull out couch. The room we got just had the king bed. The staff was very polite and pleasant and working hard to please people.

It was clean enough but in need of repairs to walls, carpet, draperies and new bedding was in order. It was stuffy in the room and we had to let the door open because the AC was turned off for the season (I didn't know hotels did that). We could run the fan and that helped a little.

Beware - this is a pet friendly hotel. I was sure I asked for a pet-free room due to our daughter's allergies but she still had a minor reaction when we were in the room.
We had no issues with hearing anyone's pets though and it was fun to see them hanging around the grounds with their owners. Everyone seemed to clean up after their pets ok.

There was no fan in the bathroom so after a shower - very steamy.

We didn't sleep well, the beds also need updated and the pillows were feather - not easy on our necks.

The TV was a bit outdated and fuzzy but we weren't there to watch that.

The location was good - walking distance to a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant. Their continental breakfast (complimentary) was decent and served in a very nice bright room with 2 TVs. Parking was fairly easy but outside steps to 2nd level rooms were not so nice.

The internet service was also complimentary.

Bottom line - you get what you pay for. It was clean but in great need of updating and repair - of course then you can expect the nightly rates to rise.

Next time I will try to reserve earlier and pay a little more.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank marriedmomof2
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I had read a few questionable reviews of this motel, but I was only staying here for one night and the price was a steal, so I decided what the heck. Turns out it was not only a good decision to stay here but a pleasant surprise. My room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but that's no big deal. Wi-fi worked fine. I did notice the same cooking odor that some other reviewer had mentioned, but wasn't a real issue. It took a little while to cool the room down since the room had a central AC unit and a thermostat instead of a window unit. I requested a room on the ground floor when I made my reservation and they accommodated my request and i was able to park right outside my door. I would not hesitate to stay at this Quality Inn again if I am back in Morgantown.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo