“Very nice hotel in Morgantown, WV”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn based on previous reviews on Tripadvisor and also based on past stays at other Hampton Inns. We did not have a reservation. The walk up rate was cheaper than what was advertised on their website. We got a rate of $79 which we thought was very reasonable. The bed was very comfortable-with a duvet cover. The breakfast room was very cozy. Hotel location was excellent. There were restaurants within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2010

My mom and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night. I had an early morning post-op appointment at Ruby Memorial, and being 3 hours away from Morgantown, we didn't really have any choice but to stay the night.

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were chic and I was in love with the green walls! The bathroom was also very nice and updated, and I loved the marble sink and vanity. Other things I liked were the furniture and space for my laptop and the wardrobe looked like it had plenty of space for clothes if you were going to be there for a while.

The beds were really comfy, but they were super small! My mom and I got a room with 2 double beds, but I swear those beds looked and felt like they were in between a twin and a full size... super small if you were trying to fit 2 people in a bed!!

The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic, but we didn't need or expect a high-class meal so it was fine. Overall, I enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn Morgantown. It's what you'd expect for a Hampton Inn (slightly overpriced, but clean and comfy) and was perfect for our one-night stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We visited Morgantown for WVU parent's weekend. Our son has a room on the Evansdale campus about 1/4 mile away, so the location of this HI can't be beat if you want proximity to the Evansdale campus, football field, or hospital. The "old" campus is about 1 1/2 to 2 miles away, I'd guess.
Plenty of restaurants within walking or a short driving distance.
The hotel itself, being located so close to the action, I'd guess is one of the more popular ones in town. It's pretty much standard issue Hampton Inn....complimentary buffet breakfast with a hot item, coffee/hot water available any time, cookies in the afternoon,
The room was a little small IMHO, housekeeping adequate, bed (like Hamptons we've been in before) very nice. Good workout facility. Flat screen TV.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I frequently stay at Hamptons so found this one on the GPS while driving I-68. Unfortunately, it is not close to the interstate -- though it is on WVU's campus which probably makes it very convenient if you're in town for Mountaineer business.

Room had a very musty odor. But otherwise a decently appointed Hampton room with fridge, etc.

Young college-aged front desk clerk was not particularly helpful or customer service-oriented as other Hampton staffs I've encountered.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2009

the bathroom semelled like a urinal and the chairs were not comfortable and the beds were to high. My mother is 86 yrs old and just found out she has lung cancer and when she checked in she asked the clerk if someone could help with luggage and she told her no. I'm also handicapped so it was a struggle getting our luggage and her oxygen tank to the elevators. By the elevator there was a cart that she could have told us about but she was to busy doing something else. This was a bad experience for us.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton as a stopover during the drive to New York City. It is located on the WVU campus, located across the street from the hospital and next door to an Applebees.

This would be a great place to stay if we were attending a campus event. We weren't, so it was out of the way from interstate travel. Located in the middle of campus which put us in the middle of the town and far from the two interstates that cross through Morgantown. I wish it had been closer to either I68 or I79.

The room was nice, but if you book two beds don't expect the usual Hampton queen beds. This hotel had two fulls instead of two queens.

The hotel was also under renovation, but wasn't a bother.

I would probably stay here again if I were doing something in the town, but likely not if I were just traveling through as we were.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 12, 2008

A moderately new facility which was undergoing renovations while we were there but we were at no time disturbed nor inconvenienced by the construction. The location was in an upscale part of Morgantown directly across the street from the University teaching hospital. Adjacent to the hotel is an Applebees and a smaller restaurant-pub is nextdoor to Applebees so dining and/or cocktails are not a problem .
The hotel itself serves a complimentary breakfast daily in the lobby which was surprisingly good. My only complaint was that each morning they would post the breakfast entree on a sign but that item was never offered. One day it said "scrambled eggs and bacon" but what we got were poptart-type waffles and sausage slices floating in water. But I guess the price was right... -0-
Housekeeping staff, front desk staff all were accomodating, knowledgeable, and friendly. Nice atmosphere overall. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)