“What happened to this hotel?”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“What happened to this hotel?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpful, but I noticed there was one housekeeper working until after 7pm, she looked really tired, and I know for a fact they shouldn't be forced to work that late with NO help at all. I even asked if the head of housekeeping was still around and I was told he left hours ago. The head of housekeeping must be the worst out of any hotel I've been to for letting some thing like that happen, and it probably happens all the time to the poor housekeepers at this place.

The eggs used to be bagged and pre-shelled at Hampton Inns, and it sounds gross, but what is worse is that they have eggs now with shells which I thought would be great.... but after I bit in to it I immediately felt sick. What kind of eggs in a shell taste like PURE MARGARINE!? At least the shelled eggs in bags tasted like eggs.

The waffle iron takes two whole timer rounds to cook them completely, making people sit around and wait their turn for a soggy waffle.

I think my main complaint is how the housekeepers, and probably the rest of the staff, is treated here. You need a happy staff to have a good hotel.

Room Tip: The sound isn't too loud, but if you don't like the sound of church bells, pick a room on th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Terry G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is 5-7 min, depending on how many lights you catch, from the CAC at WVU. Great location. The room was nice with two dbl beds, but no micro or fridge and that would've been helpful. We were told that only the king rooms have that. There is no pool or hot tub. The free breakfast was nice. The first day they offered biscuits and sausage gravy for the hot dish. I did not try it but my husband said it was ok. Second day the hot selection were these little ready made omelettes which were delicious. They also had a waffle maker, oatmeal, cereals, muffins, and fruit every. The homemade cookies were only offered until 8pm, so we missed out on that after a late dinner. Nice place including breakfast....but the mattresses could be updated to the memory foam type that most hotels offer nowadays. Oh yes, APPLEBEE'S is right next door too.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge/micro, get a king room.
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

All the staff I encountered was kind, smiling and helpful in any way they could. The front desk was quick to get me checked-in and told me about all the little things they do for guest, like putting out snacks, coffee and free wifi. The breakfast in the morning was also great! It was a huge variety of hot and cold items to choose from. The best thing of all was the room. It was comfortable and i had a beautiful, quiet nights rest. This was by far one of the best experience I've had in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Huntington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel is very close to the WVU campus which was great because I was visiting a lab on campus. The staff was very helpful. As a foodie, I was a bit surprised to be advised to visit two great nearby restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Frederick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was there for over a week because my mother passed away. The front desk went quickly and I received a bereavement rate, that he offered me. My room was clean and there was a bottle of water when I arrived which meant I didn't have to search for one at 1am. I was pleased with housekeeping the whole time I was there. Very friendly staff. I drank a lot of their excellent coffee. The breakfast buffet was clean and the hot food was tasty. They had omelets, oatmeal, waffle maker, cereals and pastries. Also, fresh fruit, yogurt, and juices. The Internet was free but a bit slow for downloading the pictures I needed. I suspect that the busload of youth had something to do with that. The room was quiet and allowed me space to spread out and relax at a time I needed it. I will return to this hotel.

Lisbon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very nice hotel,good service,the staff were all very friendly and nice they serve a very good breakfast and have fresh fruit and drinks.the bed was just a little to firm for me.the pillows were a little slippery.over all this is a very nice place to stay in.

St. Albans, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

After your first stay, you will want to come back. This is not my first time staying at the Hampton. It's all good. From the front desk to the housekeeping, I am pleased and anytime I am travelling, I will stay at Hampton. I would go as far as doing one of their commercials for free.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business