“Best bed we have ever slept in!”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Prince George, Virginia
“Best bed we have ever slept in!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are a retired military family and have slept in a LOT of hotels in the last 25 years. The thing most folks want to know first is if the place is clean and how are the beds. The place is clean and the beds are AWSOME! At least the one we slept in. So there ya go...for a stop over its a great place to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our Cloud Nine bedding! At theHampton Inn Morgantown we appreciate that you notice how hard the staff works to keep the beds clean and comfy. If you get back to Morgantown please stop and say hello as I would love to meet you all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wrentham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nothing wrong with this hotel it was fine. A little worn in a couple of areas maybe, but it was clean, staff was very friendly and the location if your going to a WVU football game can't be beat. We were so close we tailgated in the hotel parking lot with the rest of the guests. Good value, comfy beds, good location with lots of adjacent restaurants, bars etc. Very enjoyable, for a Hampton nothing not to like.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The most important tool we have to measure our performance is your feedback. As with all reviews I will share this with our staff and promise we will continue to look for ways to improve our product and service.
Charleston, WV
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here while a family member was in the local hospital, which is within walking distance. The rooms were clean, and the hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was very good: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, french toast sticks, make-your-own waffles, oatmeal, cold cereals, breads, and fruits. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Because of our location near the hospital we are able to help so many folks like yourself. I do hope everything went well with your hospital visit. We talk daily with the staff about finding ways to help guests that are in town for hospital visits. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to continue to meet the individual needs of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Upper Falls, West Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is our hotel of choice when we visit our son, who is currently attending WVU Law School. Great location - very convenient to law school and stadium. Recently remodeled - very nice, very clean. This hotel is hard to get into during football season - so book early! Nice breakfast with waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. It is comments like yours that keep our staff smiling and enthusiastic. I am especially glad you enjoyed the fresh oatmeal on our breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly for help with your next reservation.
Meadville, PA
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting our niece who is a student at WVU. The Hampton is so convenient to her area of the campus. It is also near restaurants. The breakfast was very good with a good selection. The woman who took care of the breakfast went out of her way to make sure everyone had what they wanted. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a double bed room and it was very nice and roomy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. I always enjoy reading the comments from travelers like yourself. Feedback from our valued guests allows us to constantly look for ways to do things better. Thanks for confirming we are on the right path.
Marlinton, West Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When I called to book my reservation the front desk clerk by the name of Chavis hung up on me. The second time I called, I was rudely interrupted and put on hold by her. Thirdly, I finally was able to book my stay but she was extremely rude and short with me. Not a pleasant stay and pardon my french, but the staff were complete and total pricks. I would NEVER recommend anyone staying at this hotel, unless you would like to be disrespected. In comparison to the other Hilton properties, I would rate this as a 1. The staff and service was just terrible and inexcusable. Especially me being a Hilton Honors member...extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Just dont stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nfields17
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I first want to apologize for your experience with our staff. As General Manager I take your comments very seriously and promise you a thorough investigation. In addition I would appreciate it if you could contact me and allow me to hear the particulars as it relates to my staff. I promise you that your experience was not a typical Hampton Inn Morgantown experience.
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay the night at this location coming back from Ohio. Room was clean, had fridge & microwave, bed and couch were comfy, and great view out window. Breakfast was hot and tasted great and the staff were great folks. They told us to park by side door and got us a king room just steps from the elevator which is nice being I am handicapped and use a walker.
Kudos again to Hampton Inn!! Decor in room was nice. Very large, great tv and night lightning in the room make it a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bubbie1960
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. It is your kind words that keeps the staff here energized. If you have the opportunity to return to Morgantown please feel free to contact me for your next reservation.