“Rude Front Desk Clerk”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When I called to book my reservation the front desk clerk by the name of Chavis hung up on me. The second time I called, I was rudely interrupted and put on hold by her. Thirdly, I finally was able to book my stay but she was extremely rude and short with me. Not a pleasant stay and pardon my french, but the staff were complete and total pricks. I would NEVER recommend anyone staying at this hotel, unless you would like to be disrespected. In comparison to the other Hilton properties, I would rate this as a 1. The staff and service was just terrible and inexcusable. Especially me being a Hilton Honors member...extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Just dont stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank nfields17
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I first want to apologize for your experience with our staff. As General Manager I take your comments very seriously and promise you a thorough investigation. In addition I would appreciate it if you could contact me and allow me to hear the particulars as it relates to my staff. I promise you that your experience was not a typical Hampton Inn Morgantown experience.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay the night at this location coming back from Ohio. Room was clean, had fridge & microwave, bed and couch were comfy, and great view out window. Breakfast was hot and tasted great and the staff were great folks. They told us to park by side door and got us a king room just steps from the elevator which is nice being I am handicapped and use a walker.
Kudos again to Hampton Inn!! Decor in room was nice. Very large, great tv and night lightning in the room make it a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bubbie1960
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. It is your kind words that keeps the staff here energized. If you have the opportunity to return to Morgantown please feel free to contact me for your next reservation.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed overnight here and were pleasantly surprised with this Hampton Inn. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable. The complementary breakfast was a perfect start to our road trip the next day. Only complaint - full-size beds. Wish that both beds were a bit larger to accommodate a family of 4. Overall, a good quick overnight experience. If we make the trip again out to WV, we will stay here again. (btw-old furniture doesn't bother me).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to offer your comments about the Hampton Inn Morgantown. Without feedback from our valued guests we could not continuey to improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn, We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room not ready on check-in so we settled for a different room type than what we reserved. Upon opening the door we were totally overwhelmed by a cloud of fragrance. They spray every room down with Febreze!! This is an effort to cover up the obvious lack of cleanliness. The carpets are filthy, the bathroom had not been cleaned adequately, signs of mold in the shower, dirty air vents in dining area, etc. If a room is clean than it would not be necessary to spray a perfume product everywhere. The poorly painted rooms are what they call "updated". We were able to find another room that had not been fumigated with Febreze and had to wait again for it to be "cleaned". The housekeeper told us that you have to actually tell them to make a notation that you do not want chemicals in your room. Really? "Don't pollute my room with chemicals, please". Non-smoking or smoking? Chemicals or none? Really?

The evening front desk staff was less than professional (college kids goofing off). Had we not been there for a family event we would have checked out. Speaking of, on check-out they had us confused wtih another room. The breakfast is average and there is complimentary coffee in the lobby (forget the missing cookies-never out there).

I hope Hilton addresses the Febreze and if they are going to use Febreze in lieu of actually cleaning they need to make a "non-chemical" room an option during the reservation process. Asthma and allergies are recognized as a disability by the American Disability Act. The non-chemical room should be a choice in addition to bed choice or an accessible room. To me, it would just be easier to clean it properly than cover up smells with a liberal saturation of Febreze!

Room Tip: If you don't want chemicals in your room (Febreze) you have to ask during reservation process (a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your evaluation of the Hampton Inn Morgantown. I would like to personnaly apologize for your experience. I do have to take this opportunity and explain that we do not Febreeze every room in our hotel. We on occasion spary a light spritz and give the room a chance to sit before checking someone in. I have also taken this opportunity to train our staff on reservation procedures as the Room Attendant gave you some misinformation and for that I am sorry. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this situation further. Please feel free to contact me at the Hampton Inn Morgantown.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed a night here in mid July with my wife and kids. Used a $79 coupon from a hotel coupon book for a 2 bedroom double room. Really wanted a room with 2 queen beds but they didn't have that. Place was obviously dated. Dirty carpets in the room, poor flushing toilet, slow elevators and old furniture area bit telling. My family would have slept better if the beds were queen. Breakfast was cold scrambled eggs (go figure ), sausage, cereal, toast, and self prepared waffles. Not very appetizing. Stay was ok, but not what I would expect from a Hilton hotel.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
1  Thank 8beaver8
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I want to personally take the time to say thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and will I certainly share your concerns with the staff and management team so that we can continue to find ways to please our valued guests.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Seems to be an older property, but still well maintained. Rooms were clean, but only had double beds, not queens. It is advertised as a completely non-smoking property, but I detected a slight smoky odor when I entered my room. Not enough to put me off, but if you are very sensitive it might.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bklwashere
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Guest feedback is very important to us. I will make sure to share them with our team so that we can continue to look for ways to improve.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great value for Hampton Inn that sent me off with a bagged breakfast at 4 am. Good location for anything in Morgantown.

Room Tip: high floor was good
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Hampton Inn Morgantown. We love having you here!