Hampton Inn Morgantown
$76
  • Breakfast included
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$89
Fairfield Inn
$89
$84
Travelocity
All reviewsevansdale campusclean roomsoatmealcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast stafffresh fruitruby hospitalmedical centercollege visitwvu hospitalwithin walking distancehotel is locatedwest virginia universityconvenient locationgreat place to staystaff was friendlywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I came to this hotel due its close vicinity to WVU Evansdale campus. The cab driver from the airport did not know where it was, and he has to call later to find out the exact location. The room is quite small, but kept clean and neat. The complimentary breakfast was good and sufficient. I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a clean and convenient hotel close to WVU Evansdale campus. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the campus.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank asiantraveller101
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our Hampton Inn. We enjoy reading comments from someone visiting Morgantown and WVU for the first time. I hope when you return to Morgantown you will stop and introduce yourself, I always enjoy meeting our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We recently stayed, for one night, at the Morgantown, WV, Hampton Inn. This was a decent hotel. Clean, recently updated, and a good "free" breakfast selection.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goingbeachy
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Morgantown. We strive to make sure every room is clean and comfortable and that you have a memorable experience. Thank you for letting us share that experience with you.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I came to this hotel on business, as what 80% of my hotel stays are. Hotel is located right in the heart of WVU, which is great for those traveling for reasons to deal with the university. This hotel was slightly difficult to find, but it is by no means hidden. Upon check-in, I was a little disappointed that I did not receive the usual treatments I do for being a diamond Hilton Honors member. Check in clerk was rather pushy, and I did feel rushed. Both hotel elevators make some pretty disturbing clunking sounds, and make you slightly nervous. My room was the typical updated Hampton decor, however the 3 dead stink bugs on the floor made me raise an eyebrow. Walls are slightly damage and cracking, and some parts of the room look like it had a few too many college parties. There was at least a 1 inch gap under the bottom of the door, anyone who wanted to get on their hands and knees to look in, clearly could. There was an awful squeaking noise coming from the ceiling and being that I was on the top floor I’m assuming it was a piece of roof equipment. However if you are the type who is a light sleeper, it can easily keep you awake at night. One of the mornings, my newspaper that is supposed to be on the door was nowhere to be found.

Breakfast is par for the course with every other Hampton, and was well stocked.

I am a frequent visitor to Hampton Hotels all over the country, and this is the first time I felt compelled to make a review about one. It just isn’t what you expect for the money you pay, and the Hampton name.

Slightly different management approaches and some housekeeping quality control may make a world of difference.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank harliqu1n
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

I just want to take a moment and apologize for your recent experience at the Hampton Inn Morgantown. I would like to let you know how sorry I am that I was not aware of your concerns sooner. Please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Morgantown so that I and my staff can show you that your experience was the exception and not the rule. As you are aware at Hampton your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

A completely uneventful stay. No disappointments. No issues. I wish they were all like this!

My only beef was with the performance of the free Wi-Fi Internet access. It was unacceptably slow, but it was free, so it's not a complaint.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EmmEff

Thank you so much for your review of our Hampton Inn. There is no better comment than the one that comes from a previous guest. Thank you for staying with us and please come see us again.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Ok, I posted earlier, and praised this place like no other, as i practicly 'lived' there for much of a summer whilst working in the area. But I have returned to the Mtown a number of times, and make it a point to seek this hotel out over all others, even when it is a longer drive to do so.
I love the friendliness of the place, the cleanliness of the place, and just the right amount of 'everything' around it, mostly within walking distance! An Applebees is next door, Chinese, Italian restaurants all within easy walking distance. A UM church on the other side of the hotel for those that wish to worship, as well as a lovely new park a two-minute walk away. The university, and Ruby Mem. Hospital within a few blocks. I consider this place an oasis when travelling, and trust me, I live in hotels for much of the year. This one is a keeper! One thing I might also add, is that the management have taken the effort to help me locate reasonably priced, but superior hotels in other cities that I travel too. This is almost unheard of. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask and ye shall recieve!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank KSWilson24
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Morgantown. I am especially wowed by how much information you shared with anyone that might be shopping for a hotel in Morgantown. Once again you have shown us that the guest is our best salesperson.