“I keep coming back for more!”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Rising Sun, Maryland
“I keep coming back for more!”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Ok, I posted earlier, and praised this place like no other, as i practicly 'lived' there for much of a summer whilst working in the area. But I have returned to the Mtown a number of times, and make it a point to seek this hotel out over all others, even when it is a longer drive to do so.
I love the friendliness of the place, the cleanliness of the place, and just the right amount of 'everything' around it, mostly within walking distance! An Applebees is next door, Chinese, Italian restaurants all within easy walking distance. A UM church on the other side of the hotel for those that wish to worship, as well as a lovely new park a two-minute walk away. The university, and Ruby Mem. Hospital within a few blocks. I consider this place an oasis when travelling, and trust me, I live in hotels for much of the year. This one is a keeper! One thing I might also add, is that the management have taken the effort to help me locate reasonably priced, but superior hotels in other cities that I travel too. This is almost unheard of. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask and ye shall recieve!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank KSWilson24
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Morgantown. I am especially wowed by how much information you shared with anyone that might be shopping for a hotel in Morgantown. Once again you have shown us that the guest is our best salesperson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisiana
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Clean room, friendly staff. Great location. Perfect for going to games. Walking distance, right next to light green parking lot. Free parking! Restaurant next door. Comfy beds. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank urememberd
WV
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is close to the university, restaurants, meeting facilities, and anything you would need in Morgantown.
Rooms are clean and traditional for the chain. Too close to road and intersection makes it a bit busy and hard to drive in or out at times.
Front desk helpful. As a loyal diamond member of the Hilton honors program, you were not acknowledged or provided with a water. Not trying to be a snob but just commenting on the traditional service/expectation. Do not remember receiving a newspaper in the morning either.

Couple of restaurants within walking distance. Especially a small Italian place about two blocks away (make many things from scratch) ask the front desk.

Overall nice and clean and what you should expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed October 2011
South Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Morgantown even though my meeting was over at the Waterfront Place Hotel (about 9 miles away). The Hampton Inn was clean and comfortable; however, my non-smoking room had clearly been smoked in recently.

The location is right across from campus, and parking is free--both big positives for me. The property met all of my must-haves, but I still just give this property an average rating only because I was not wowed by the property or the service for the price I paid.

Once I made it over to the Waterfront Place Hotel for my meeting, I realized I had probably made a bad choice. For $30 less per night, I could have stayed there instead. That property was modern and looked very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hampton Inn's always have a good breakfast and a decent fitness room. Within a reasonable driving distance to the WVU downtown campus and within walking distance to four or five nice restaurants. Clean, quiet rooms. Always ask for AAA discount if you have it. They won't mention it if you don't.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
elkmont
Reviewed September 25, 2011

we stayed in Morgantown for one night on the way home. We came in on 68 W, directions in H.I. book said exit right and go to 2nd light (the end). I happen to see a tiny sign pointing to left, we went and went, kept seeing little signs, called hotel to finally get directions, terrible. A first. We love Hampton inns but they need to put better directions. This one is not near anything useful, squeaky door, not my favorite. This will not keep us from staying at Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here one night on a business trip visiting West Virginia University. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. The service here was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is right on the border of campus so it was easy to get to the University. Breakfast was good, with a mix of hot and cold items, and generally was well-stocked. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business