“A very pleasant dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Morgantown, West Virginia
“A very pleasant dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

The interior design takes you into a serene world far from the blandness of Patteson Blvd and the food is delicious. They serve sushi, sashimi, katsu dishes, tempura and more. The 'box lunch' is a very good deal with lots of choice. I've eaten here several times recently and will return again and again. The restaurant doesn't look like much from the parking lot, but don't let that stop you from going in. If you like Japanese food you'll be glad you did!

Morgantown
“Cheapest + Tastiest Meal in Morgantown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

If you go before 3:30 pm on a weekday, you can get the amazing lunchbox special for only $7.99! It's basically a three course meal, with great service, and delicious sushi/food. Their rolls are outstanding, I personally love the Super Duper Roll and the Dynamite Roll the best, but the others are all great too!

After eating at Ogawa, my expectations were blown away when I went to Volcano. Everything was better: service, sushi, atmosphere, value, and the amount of food that you get.

My friends and I go weekly, because we just can't get enough! This will be the #1 restaurant that I will miss when I leave Morgantown. I wish they were in every town across America!

• Visited April 2012
Corning, New York
“Fantastic sushi, great selection, quiet and classy decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place was a much better experience for sushi than Dragonfly. The menu had many different options, including some things I'd never tried before. The service was spot on, and the place had a quiet dignity. The price was reasonable for sushi, and the portions generous and definitely delicious!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank GreenDragon9
Ontario, Canada
“New place, good lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Newer sushi place in Morgantown. The lunch specials are good. This place is always busy so I'm not alone in my thoughts :)

Visited July 2011
“Best Sushi I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

This place is pretty new to Morgantown, but seems to slowly be gaining popularity. And there's a good reason for it: Volcano makes the best sushi I've ever eaten. I don't consider myself an expert on sushi, but I like it and I've had it all over the world. Who would've guessed that Morgantown, WV, would have the best? Their house rolls are outstanding. If you like spicy salmon like me, you'll love the Earthquake roll. If not, that's ok; there is a roll for anyone's taste. The restaurant isn't very large, but the inside decor is hip and exciting. The waitresses are sweet and attentive, and wow, is this place reasonably priced! You can't roll your own sushi this good for anywhere close to what this costs. All this talk about Volcano is making me hungry...

• Visited August 2011