Holiday Inn Express Morgantown
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$79
SuburbanHotels
Clarion Hotel Morgan(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
ClarionHotels
  • Breakfast included
$107
$87
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$76
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$122
$117
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$106
Fairfield Inn
$98
$87
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Residence Inn Morgantown(Morgantown)
$110
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

All reviewscinnamon bunspancake machinedecent continental breakfastroom was cleana great job keepingoutback steakhousemeeting roomhot tubbreakfast attendantstaff was friendlybad smellwould stay here againfree hot breakfastnice staygreat bedother hotelswalking distance
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Never in my professional life have I ever been more insulted than I was with the management of this Holiday Inn Express! Note, I have been a Priority Club member for years, as I travel with the government. Last week, I was traveling with my wife and two small children on the way to Washington DC for a conference. We decided to stop over one night on the weekend as we drove towards DC. We had a fair night's stay and decent breakfast, but the problems started after we left!

Two days later, we were shocked to find out we were (falsely) accused of smoking in the room and charged $150. We understand there was a 100% no smoking policy, but that was no problem for us since we never smoke. However, not only did the hotel fail to give us the professional courtesy to inquire about the suspected smoking in our room, they actually took the liberty to charge my debit card -- with absolutely no notice whatsoever! When we called to try to better understand the charge, we were told the cleaning staff found "ashes" in the bathroom. Totally outrageous!!?! My wife and I have never smoked a day in our entire lives! We offered the staff to observe out luggage or car for smoke/ashes, or even ask personal references, etc, but the general manager declined our offer and was still insistent that we smoked in the room and he was not going to refund our money. Was this a room mix up? Did someone have access to our room after we checked out, and before the cleaning staff arrived? Was the cleaning staff lying? Did the staff see shaving clipping from my electric razor by mistake??? The manager wanted nothing to do with our inquiry in the situation and rudely stated "this conversation is over" and actually hung up on my wife. I later called and left a voice mail to discuss this further, but he never called me back...Wow! What customer service???

Nevertheless, on the way back from DC we stopped back in the hotel to discuss the false charge with the manager. He wasn't available, but the assistant got him on the phone. The general manage still insisted that he wouldn't refund our money. He eventually accused our other room occupants of smoking...How insulting. My kids do not smoke either.
When we asked for the proposed proof of smoking (a photo, a cigarette butt, etc), we received not a single piece of evidence... just a false accusation.

Fortunately I was able to cancel my debit card, and my bank has started an investigation...but I still don't have my %150 back. Unfortunately however, when we called to file a formal complaint with the Intercontinental Hotel Group (the HI Express - management company), we still got no recourse as of yet!!! Unbelievable! Apparently it is the cleaning staff's word against ours... The hotel manger also closed by stating he didn't like government people staying there over the weekend??? Wow! I couldn't believe my ears! I'll be sure to tell all my government coworkers of my appalling experience and no recourse thus far.

All beware- this could unfortunately happen to you too. Apparently at the Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown, WV, you are "Guilty" until proven "Innocent"!

v/r,
Shocked "Priority Club Member" still in disbelief!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
23  Thank ActvTravler
mgwnn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

The fact that this guest would suggest I go through his car or his personal belongings is ASININE!!!!! To also suggest that I call a personal reference is even more offending. I would never or have never made it a practice to charge any guest an unnecessary charge. Gov employees actually make up a huge portion of our business and have several Gov employees staying long periods of time. Gov employees are ALWAYS welcome!!! As is any other guest.... Have a great day and STAY SMART! STAY HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Brand new room, great bed, shower. Wonderfully clean, good breakfast - absolutely no complaints - plus walking distance from restaurants. Refreshing after a long car ride.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
mgwnn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

My name is Gabriel Bilonick and I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown W.V. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your kind comments. I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay in Morgantown and also the newly renovated rooms and hotel. If I could ever be of further assistance to you on a future trip to our area please feel free to contact me at 304-291-2600.... We hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

I typically try to get a room at this hotel when I travel to the Morgantown area. The staff is friendly, great breakfast, and the rooms are generally clean. Hotel is a little bit of a distance from the stadium and downtown area, but the price and comfort of this hotel make up for that.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Hello I am Gabriel Bilonick the GM of the Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown WV. Thank you first off for being our guest. Our rooms are now remodeled and if you are ever passing through again please stop in. Again thank you for taking time to let other people know how your stay was.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

After staying in a series of hotels with very hard mattresses, I loved the bed at this hotel. It was an extra-thick mattress with a pillowtop -- ahhh! The only drawback was that their sheets didn't seem to fit the mattresses very well and had a tendency to pop up.

The rooms were fairly large. Updating was going on when we were there. Our room could use updating but wasn't terrible.

The breakfast buffet was standard HIE fare but the woman who worked in that area did a great job keeping things clean and well stocked (some HIE places seem to leave that job to front desk staff). The staff was friendly in general.

We were just driving through Morgantown -- what a beautiful area. The hotel is located in a commercial area near other hotels, chain restaurants and shopping area (including Talbots). Still, it was located up on a hill and had a lovely view.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. My name is Gabriel Bilonick and I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown WV. I wanted to take the time to let you know that we just underwent a renovationa it came out wonderful. However one thing that we did not change was the pillowtop mattresses. We hope to see you again as our guest...

Reviewed February 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to Maine. It was a good location. Things were quiet. I got a good rate and was satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business

Hello, My name is Gabriel Bilonick I am the GM of the Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown WV. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your comments about our hotel. However we have undergone a complete renovation recently. We would like to welcome you back if you are ever in the area.