“Outstanding for a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Morgantown
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Great staff, clean rooms, great breakfast for free. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason B

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We had a bad experience back in Sept 2011 at this HIE. However, Gabriel contacted us and made things right for us. Good GM. We decided to stay with HIE again in Morgantown and things went very well. Thanks Gabriel, we'll be back. We appreciate your efforts.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank escrowe
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Road trip with family and pre-booked this property online. The hotel is a little off the main route we were on (I 79) but we like the HIEx brand and wanted to stay here. Overall we had a very good stay, albeit a short one-night stay. We were struck by two observations, one was that this property is very close to shopping (Glenmark Centre)/restaurants (IHOP, Outback Steakhouse and Ruby Tuesdays to name a few), and how quiet it was with regards to people and traffic. I chalk the last observation up to the fact that Morgantown is a university town and we were here during the school break.

Check-in was prompt and friendly. The young man at the counter was very polite. We asked for a roll-away bed and it was delivered up to our room on the 2nd floor promptly. The beds were prepared to the expected standard of HIEx of clean white linens and soft and hard pillows. The bathroom was very clean and had all the amenities it should have. We needed an extra towel and one was brought up promptly from the front desk.

The room was very quiet the night we were there and we all slept very well.

Parking was free and immediately adjacent to the property. We enjoyed the "Express Start" breakfast and found the breakfast bar to be clean and well stocked. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool/hot-tub on this visit.

My only complaint is that the wi-fi was slow, which is surprising as I think they had 7 modems to log into.

We would stay at this property again if we were ever in Morgantown, WV.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthYorkian
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We just got back from a stay at the HI Express in Morgantown. The only complaint would be the walls are VERY thin which I'd imagine is why they have a policy posted about children running the halls. We had a room on the 2nd floor directly in front of the elevator (212) and was worried about the elevator being noisy but that wasn't the problem at all it was our neighbors in the room next door who thought it was okay to slam doors, scream, cackle and party till 1am keeping my kids awake or waking them up once they had fallen asleep. My only complaints would be I complained to the front desk and was told they'd be up to address the situation and I was listening and never heard anyone come up to tell them to zip it and the loudness continued over an hour and half after my complaint. But at 2am my baby woke up so maybe the few minutes of her screaming was enough payback to bug them. My other complaint would be when we went into our room there was a pair of underwear someone left next to the coffeemaker it was bright pink how they missed it I don't know. Breakfast was great, pool was great, parking not a problem. Very safe place like I said the baby woke up at 2am so to be considerate of those sleeping I took her down to the lobby to look at the trees and crawl around and it was all good. My mom is VERY picky when it comes to hotels and was not thrilled with what I booked but she LOVED it and says she will be much more open to staying at this brand again. We had the displeasure of visiting at the Hotel Morgantown and the minute you walked into the place it smelled like pets and mold so it was very nice to go back to our nice newly remodeled smoke free pet free hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Nice. Average HI Express. A little expensive. Near walking distance to restaurants. (Ruby Tuesday was great.) Breakfast was ok, as expected. Room was clean and quiet. A long way from the stadium. We probably wouldn't stay here again when going to a game. Any other reason it might be ok. Nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank urememberd
mgwnn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Although your review was not a bad one I am upset to hear that it was not an outstanding stay! We don't want to be average, we would like every guest to feel as if they got above and beyond what they paid for. If location to the football stadium was a problem I can understand that. however we are exactly 1.8 miles from the Football Stadium. In the future we would love for you to try us again.... please ask for me when making your reservation my name is Gabriel and I am the G.M. We want make it right!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Recently I had another opportunity to stay at the holiday inn express in Morgantown. Thie hotel parking lot was being upgraded so entry was through the side door. A necessary evil when such a repair is being done. As always the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Comfy bed, clean room, and complimentary breakfast. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: November 2011

Hello my name is Gabriel Bilonick and I am the G.M. of the Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, I am very glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We love to hear that and wish every guest couold leave feedback good or bad. It is the only way to improve... If you ever need anything please feel free to reach us. 304-291-2600 We hope that you have a great Holiday and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had made a reservation for six nights understanding we would have to change rooms on the 4th night. On the 2nd night at the hotel I received a call from the front desk saying our last two nights of our reservation had been cancelled because they had sent confirmation to someone else and he had called and cancelled reservation because he had not made it. I tried to explain the front desk person we were alreay in hotel and why would they send confirmation to a 3rd party. She said it was a error but the room had been cancelled and we would have to give credit card info again to reserve the two nights and tried to charge us $20.00 more each night. I refused to give credit card info again since we were already in hotel and they had our credit card so she told me there could be a possibility of no availability for the last 2 nights that we already had written confirmation on. The next morning I asked to speak to the manager and asked to go into his office. He told me the desk clerk had called him the night before and the had cleared everything up and she had called me back to confirm the mistake was corrected. I said I did not receive a second call from the front desk and since it was a cell phone had proof it was not made. He said again that she had called to confirm the situation was corrected and I asked why he didn't make the call to let us know it was corrected? At that point, he jumped out of his chair, said we were immediately to leave the hotel and he would call police and have us escorted out of the hotel. He said he was not going to have to give an explanation of why we were not recontacted the night before. At that point I left the office and walked into the lobby and sat in a chair and was crying but not uncontrollably and my husband stayed in his office to explain that we had buried our 19 yr old son three weeks earlier and I was emotional. The manager then came out of this office where I was sitting in the lobby and said he was sorry for the loss of my son but I couldn't be sitting in the lobby crying and said I needed to go to my room. At no time after this incident was a call made to see if everything was Ok. We did have the room for the 2 nights in question but the treatment that we received from management was unexcusable. To be threatened to be immediately escorted from the hotel by police when we had a written conformation of the the days we had made a reservation for and to cancel before they sent our conformation to someone else is in my opinion not our fault. I will never stay at this hotel again or recommend because of management. The hotel itself is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family