“Repulsive” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
“Repulsive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The new management is horrible, especially the lady ( I use this term loosely) because she does not act like one. She is extremely rude and dishonest. Would not except a coupon and than screamed at my poor grandmother for questioning her on it. Very disgusted with the owners attitude and the food has gone down hill. Would not recommend going here unless you want to deal with a bad attitude and even worse food.

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank Susann2424

“Low class owner reflects poorly on her restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Ate there today with my family. We all got the buffet. Surprised that hair was a topping for the gyro. When we complained, the owner became very angry and started screaming in another language and punched the wall. We were scared. We really miss the previous owner

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank Melissaaaaaaaa
New York City, New York
“Great atmosphere and decorations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were looking for good Mediterranean cuisine after a long drive from NY and were excited to see the reviews about this "authentic" cuisine. While the atmosphere is great, clean and very nice the service and food was not as good. Upon our arrival we were notified that the original owner Elias had sold the place a year before to a group of locals so we were hesitant to stay, but decided to any way based on the cleanliness of the restaurant. The authenticity in most foods is in the seasoning and that lack of authentic Mediterranean seasoning made the food fall short. If you are unfamiliar with the way in which home cooked Mediterranean food tastes then you will not notice the lack of authentic flavors. However, if you are looking for that home cooked meal from your country I would not recommend going here. The servers could have been much more attentive but, the price was decent. If you are looking for non-fast food and a good place to relax I would go here, but if you are looking for a specific taste, I would pass.

• Visited April 2013
Morgantown, WV
“Great taste and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are regulars at Ali Baba restaurant. The food and warm reception bring us back almost weekly. We love the gyro platter and the lamb shish-ka-bob! For an appetizer, try the hummus, cayenne onion crisps (our favorite - thin crispy onion rings with a little kick), or the mussels. We also love the tahini and taboulleh salads. My mom loves the stuffed grape leaves. But go on a Friday or Saturday night and try the chef's specials! That's where the food really shines. They offer a salmon special almost every week and it is always delicious and the salmon is cooked perfectly! My husband often gets one of the other specials and is very pleased with his selection. His favorite is when they make chili. Very unusual combination of flavors! I highly recommend this restaurant. It is a gem tucked into the airport that you would not expect to find!

• Visited March 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Very good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I shared an order of dolmas (veggies or a meat mixture wrapped in grape leaves) as appetizers, and they were very good. We each ordered the Gyro platter which includes a huge portion of gyro meat and 2 sides. The meat was very good as usual as was the hummus. I thought the baba ghannouj was awful. Maybe I just don't like roasted eggplant. The service was excellent, the atmosphere inviting, and for the price, you can't beat the quantity and quality of food. I would have given an excellent rating if not for the baba ghannouj.

• Visited March 2013