“Good Wine”

Forks of Cheat Winery
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Morgantown
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a very good place to stop and try a glass of wine. Yes there are bigger and fancier places but the people here are great, friendly, will answer your questions. The wine wines are very good too. The tastings are free, we normally go to wineries in NC and VA and pay $5-10 a tasting,I will say these wines are very good. Try the wines, get a bottle and sit on the deck and enjoy the views and peace. This is a very good place to visit and relax. Please enjoy!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank cb8855
WVaTravels, Public Relations Manager at Forks of Cheat Winery, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your great review. It is our goal to provide all our customers with an affordable, unique, and friendly experience. I'm so glad your visit was enjoyable.

We hope you can visit again and enjoy the ever changing views from our deck- everything will be blooming soon!

Thanks again,
Ivy

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was first time visiting a winery and I loved it. I was helped by Bob who was very knowledgeable and friendly. All the wines I tried were great and the area was really beautiful. I'm looking forward to coming back this summer and touring the winery on a nice day.

1  Thank Alex W
WVaTravels, Public Relations Manager at Forks of Cheat Winery, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. Join our Facebook page or sign up for our newsletter (through our website) to keep up with our latest news and events.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with the customer service here. They were not to be bothered. I guess reading the newspaper was more important than customers. This is the worst "winery" I have ever step foot into. We didn't even make it past the gift shop. We were not greeted or asked to try any of the wines. I will not return. This are supposed to be a fun experience. What terrrible customer service.

2  Thank Ann P S
WVaTravels, Public Relations Manager at Forks of Cheat Winery, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for the constructive criticism. We're working to actively improve our customer service. If you'd like, please feel free to email at ivyandbacchus@hotmail.com to let me know more about your experience so we can better correct problems. I'm truly sorry about the way you were treated, it is completely counter to our policies regarding guests.

If you are ever back in the area please stop in again and give us another chance. Feel free to call first and ask for either myself or my husband Eric (one of the owners) and we'd be happy to show you around personally.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I really enjoy traveling around and trying different wines. I went to forks of cheat and wow! Bob, the customer service rep, was absolutely fantastic!! He was very knowledgeable and suggested my new favorite west Virginia wine! Not only do they offer sweet wines but a wide variety including an amazing Merlot!! If you find yourself in Morgantown and needing something fun and relaxing to do Forks of Cheat Winery is a must!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Really recommend. Excellent wine Super wine tasting bar, great service, But got carried away and bought too much wine(not really. Will make this a must visit for friends and family when they come to town. Great way to spend an afternoon

1  Thank Richard B