“Great Service and good wine!”

Forks of Cheat Winery
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Morgantown
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I really enjoy traveling around and trying different wines. I went to forks of cheat and wow! Bob, the customer service rep, was absolutely fantastic!! He was very knowledgeable and suggested my new favorite west Virginia wine! Not only do they offer sweet wines but a wide variety including an amazing Merlot!! If you find yourself in Morgantown and needing something fun and relaxing to do Forks of Cheat Winery is a must!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Really recommend. Excellent wine Super wine tasting bar, great service, But got carried away and bought too much wine(not really. Will make this a must visit for friends and family when they come to town. Great way to spend an afternoon

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I visit the winery last weekend, for the second time. The first time was with my husband and the customer service was terrible, I vowed never to return. An out of town friend visited and wanted to check it out, so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe last time I went was just an "off day." Not so, this time was equally as horrible. We were not greeted when we entered, despite being the only customers. When we asked about a wine tasting, we were told to look around and let them know if we wanted to taste something. This seemed quite odd to us, as it is not how it is normally done, as well as the fact that the wines were not arranged in any logical order or given descriptions. We found a tasting sheet, and decided on a few wines to taste. Most were simply not very good for what they were. The Merlot was especially disappointing, as it had a wonderful nose, but tasted completely opposite. I did manage to find one that was decent, as well as a dessert wine for a family member. They also have a distillery, and I thought about buying a bottle of the apple jacks as a gift. When i inquired about it, I was told "eh, it's ok I guess, if you like that kind of thing." Yeah, not a terribly enticing sales pitch, so I skipped that. When we decided what we wanted to purchase, we had to wonder about, trying to find the wine we wanted (as stated before, there is no logical order to the setup) while the 3 people working just stared at us, never offering to help. They do have beautiful views, but that hardly makes up for the terrible customer service and mediocre wines.

2  Thank Jessica J
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The atmosphere at this place is not bad. Cute little store, nice deck to sit on. The wine, however...well...let's just say that if you like the taste of really good wine, this isn't the place for you. If you're more a fan of syrupy sweet, not very wine-like wines then you'll do just fine here.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Such a unique type of attraction to regular Morgantown area! They have a very cute store to shop around in, the employees are so welcoming and you can try any and every type of wine/moonshine/rum/whiskey they have! You can even ask for a free tour of their place and how the wine-making process works. Grab a bottle (or two) of wine and sit out on the porch to a view of 3 different states!