“Nice chat and relax”

Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The memory I have from this well located hotel is the restaurant attendant. I was dinning alone and she was so nice as to make me comfortable and chatting to amuse me at the same time! And they always left coffee and tea complementary 24hours. On that frozen March, warming was necessary!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and let us know about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown. Our team takes pride in following up on our guests’ comments as it provides us the opportunity to show our commitment to you and emphasize our appreciation of your business. If you travel in the area again, please come and see us!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

the rooms were comfortable and clean. the breakfast was good except home fries overcooked and seemed like they had been made for a while. .Breakfast girl with dark hair and glasses polite and very nice The other young blond not very friendly. The rest of. the staff VERY NICE AND ATTENTIVE, Pillows need to be bigger. conveniently located next to resturants and bars.would stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I sincerely regret that you experienced any inconvenience during your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

When I checked into my room it smelled like mildew- it was so horrible that I asked for another room. The new room was on another floor and it smelled too! It was not as bad as the first one, but it was so very strong and gave me a headache.

Cons
Uncomfortable Bed & Pillows were terrible
Room smelled horribly
Room service screwed up a very simple meal and yet still charged 20% tip and didn't comp anything or even offer anything
Price $180 a night is pretty steep

Pros
Indoor pool
Fitness center (with free weights)
Close to WVU
Shopping center has multiple options for dinner, gas, and grocery
In room fridge & microwave

I think if the rooms didn't smell I would be OK coming back here. Unfortunately, that is a deal breaker.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. We would like for you to contact the hotel directly so that we can address this issue in the proper manner.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here on our way back from Myrtle Beach, and were very pleased upon our arrival. The lobby was very nicely designed with a coffee station offering snacks and lemonade. Our room was very attractive, with Neutrogena products in the bathroom. We were able to connect to the internet free of charge, and the pool was very clean, and nicely warm. The hot tub had been closed, but staff opened it just as we arrived so it was clean and hot when we got there. The plaza outside the hotel is handy, with a Kroeger's grocery store, and a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. We ended up eating at the restaurant in the hotel, and had Gabby as our waitress - so charming and efficient. Breakfast the next day, included in our rate, was great. The special was an egg white omelette with vegetables, with home fries, along with tea and some of the best chocolate muffins! Again, staff were excellent. I would recommend the hotel for that very reason - everyone was very professional.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn in Morgantown! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience. Making sure that guests are comfortable and satisfied with their experience with us is our first priority, and hearing feedback from our guests is very encouraging and shows that our hard work is paying off. If you travel in the area again, please come and see us!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were really small, making our night's sleep bad. We had stayed here before and enjoyed our stay. I'm not sure if we just got a bad room or what happened. We had planned to stay here for WVU graduation, but I'm not sure we will now.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I travel all over the world and sometimes feel like I live in hotels. This was by far one of the best, most attentive, most professional, most personable staffs I've had the pleasure of accommodating us during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Our team takes pride in following up on our guests’ comments as it provides us the opportunity to show our commitment to you and emphasize our appreciation of your business. We are very pleased to see you have given us excellent survey scores and enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff at this Hilton Garden were exceptional. We asked if they had a raised toilet seat available for my elderly mother. The staff offered us a handicap room. This also made it easier for my mother to get around with her walker with less trip hazards. This facility was exceptionally clean. The only reason I would not stay at here again is the beds were hard. I am use to a softer mattress. Even though their mattresses had a firmness dial I don't think it worked.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding our hotel accommodations and staff. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.