“Birthday Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Clay, West Virginia, United States
“Birthday Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I were pleased with the room, staff, breakfast and the staff helped me to surprise my wife with flowers and gifts on her birthday. The location was very convenient to all of Morgantown and there were numerous restaurants in the area. Look forward to staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay and taking the time to give us feedback about your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Philippi, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is very nice inside and out. The first time I stayed here was right after my husband's accident and he was a patient at WVU Hospitals. They offered a 'hospital' rate. The parking is somewhat cramped. There is a washer and dryer available for guests, $1.25 per washer/dryer. The room itself is outstanding. Clean. Beds are comfortable. On my third stay here, someone had spilled a beer in the elevator. I told the desk clerk and that was cleaned up immediately. Coffee and cookies are available in the front lobby. There is a restaurant, which I haven't tried but I did get a drink at the bar area. The night I did that was Christmas Night 2013, the hotel didn't think they would be busy and didn't have a regular bartender working. The lady did make the Margarita okay with help of a customer who used to
be a bartender.

I would stay here again and would definitely recommend this to friends/family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting WVU with our daughter. Easy access to campus and amenities,quiet hotel, clean, with very friendly staff to help you feel welcome. If our daughter chooses this school, we will definitely be back!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Steubenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Best hotel to take a family. Meals inexpensive. Good location to college. I was there to see a Dr. Ellis for my eyes and the hotel calmed my nerves and gave me a good nights sleep. Dinner was excellent and the staff treated us like family. We wanted to stay an extra night, but the hotel was sold out. The staff helped us find another hotel. I have another appt. in a month and will make our reservations with the hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I am a seasoned traveler who has stayed in many resorts and hotels around the world. The Waterfront Place Hotel has been my destination many times over the past years. I love the rooms, staff, service and restaurants. The manager has gone above and beyond what I would have expected in order to provide top-notch and caring customer service. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and let us know about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown. As a manager our top priority is to make sure our guests are happy with their whole experience. It is through such feedback we are able to monitor and improve our products and service. We are appreciative of your continued patronage, and we look forward to making your future stays as enjoyable as previous stay. We are very pleased to see you have given us excellent survey scores and enjoyed your stay with us
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading all of the reviews, I decided this hotel was a good choice for the area. The tips of staying on the top floor (5th) and the back left side, which is away from the AC unit for the building was great!!! My room was quiet. The hotel check in was great and they accommodated the request nicely! Everyone was very nice at the hotel. The room was clean, with a comfortable bed. Every room has a microwave, Keurig coffee maker and refrigerator. I had a problem with my toilet while I was there. I called down to the front desk and maintainance was at my door within minutes to fix the problem. It was the fastest response I have ever had at a hotel. The one thing I didn't like was that the work out center did not open until 5am. That was too late for me. I don't know why it wasn't open 24 hours a day. At least open it by 4am to accommodate people who have to leave early. The cook to order breakfast for $10 was delicious!!! The lobby was comfortable with complimentary coffee and tea. They have a nice bar witch also serves food. They have many restaraunts within walking distance of the hotel. Great job Hilton!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Unfortunately a local bar/disco can be heard in the rooms during the weekend evenings, lasting into very early morning hours ~3am. Made sleeping an issue. Not good for this hotel as they are unable to do anything about it. The hotel itself was fantastic. Courtious professional front desk and cleaning staff. Didn't use the other amenities to rate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.