“You get what you pay for.”

Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The lobby was very impressive, but when entering our room, discovered a musty smell. Think it was the carpet. Pool was too cold to enjoy. It did offer continental breakfast, but with 3 little ones of course they wanted the made to order breakfast, which wasn't free. Overall, not a bad place for a short stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Our team takes pride in following up on our guests’ comments as it provides us the opportunity to show our commitment to you and emphasize our appreciation of your business. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. We do sell bed and breakfast packages it may be helpful upon your next visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is the only Hotel I stay with when traveling for work and pleasure. The Staff in the Morgantown, WV location are very professional and friendly. They go above and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay. The rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee-makers and the beds are always fresh and comfortable. I had some work to complete on the morning of my departure and I wasn't interrupted at all--privacy was very appreciated.

Room Tip: Higher rooms tend to be a little musty. A room in the back allows for constant visual of your vehic...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our faculty. Have a happy Holiday and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel staff was wonderful. The rooms were clean, location is wonderful (close to restaurants and shopping). The breakfast was great! Easy access to any place in Morgantown. Have been going for over 2 years almost every month and would recommend this hotel to any one.

1  Thank Rebecca H

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are appreciative of your continued patronage, and we look forward to making your future stays as enjoyable as previous stay.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great hotel in Morgantown. The rooms are all appointed well and the facilities are very well maintained. It is obvious that the staff take great pride in offering great service and amenities. The restaurant in the hotel serves an outstanding made to order breakfast and their evening fare is equally outstanding. My wife and were exceptionally pleased with the friendly staff and great GM (Tanya Fuller) made our stay feel more like "invited guests" rather than just "customers". The hotel is situated next to a unique shopping center, near the University, and not too far from the interstate, so the location is great. (Just be sure you pay attention to the road signs when you drive to the hotel - as some roads are winding and some traffic signs are a little misleading.) As for other comments I have read, my wife and I had no problem with the facilities or prices. If you stay in a Hilton Garden Inn, one can expect the price to be a bit higher than some other chains and, again, the breakfast was great. They do have a pantry that had many different types of foods (cereal, quick foods, drinks, etc.) so that made it quite convenient. Overall - a great hotel for the area.

Room Tip: I usually as for a room on the top floor (less noise) - and I would suggest asking for a hotel on th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated and I will make sure to pass this review off to Tanya. We hope and look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The service was better when the hotel was less full. The beds were comfortable, but some sheets were too small and pilling. AND, the bathrooms need standard sized toilets (the tiny round and low to the ground toilets are for children) and the upkeep to tub area caulking and wallpaper need looking at. Room service food better than expected, but was cold. Over all I would stay again.

1  Thank NancyAnneVA

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I sincerely regret that you experienced any inconvenience during your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The beds were not the best but it was clean. The lobby was very nice, however, I thought the breakfast bar for $9.99 was a little excessive if you only wanted a bagel. I chose not to eat while my daughter ate 3 boxes of cereal. With the price being with tax $146.00, I would have expected a little more, but I am very anal about my hotels. I'm a super germaphobic!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three days/nights. The staff from check-in to departure was very friendly, accommodating, my needs were all met without hesitation. Waitress went the extra steps to make sure I was satisfied with my meal, Food was excellent, the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Our team takes pride in following up on our guests’ comments as it provides us the opportunity to show our commitment to you and emphasize our appreciation of your business. We are very pleased to see you have given us excellent survey scores and enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown.