New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good, clean, efficient, convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown

Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
“Good, clean, efficient, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Check in to this hotel was efficient, the hotel was clean, conveniently located, has good restaurants and shopping nearby. Their conference facilities are a bit limited, but then again this isn't really a strong point or the purpose of most Hilton Garden Inns. A good workout room and clean and modern pool and hot tub. The hotel is relatively new and in very good condition. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it. There appear to be some capabilities listed that aren't available such as express checkout and remote printing in the business center from your room, but perhaps those are available in other Hilton Garden Inns and just not this one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here while biking on the rail-trail and attending a play at the Metropolitan theater. Good location to downtown and easy access from highway. Our room was comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: The hotel was located in a new shopping center area and off the road so no highway noise problem.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We switched to this hotel after staying a disappointing night at the Waterfront Place Hotel. This was a much better option. The rooms are much newer/cleaner and the price was half of what we paid at the Waterfront. The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive, and they have hot, fresh cookies in the afternoon! The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Lots of good choices, including made to order eggs/omelets.

Room Tip: If you want a king room, book it early. They seem to go very fast!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our family had chosen this as the place that they wanted to stay for our wedding, so we asked for them to get a room for myself and my husband on the night of our wedding. They stated that the hotel was nice, that they were able to pick us up from the wedding and that it was minutes away from our reception. My father-in-law stated before we left the wedding, that there would be a bottle of champagne and flowers in the room. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:00 in the morning there were no flowers and only a bottle of sparkling apple cider in the room. Although it was late and we had a long day, we both are regular drinkers and know the difference between a bottle of sparkling apple cider and champagne. We were so upset that we left and got a cab ride home. Once we returned from our honeymoon, we addressed this issue with management and they never once apologized and stated that their staff gave a difference story and that they did indeed place a bottle of champagne in the room and that they had no direction to place flowers in the room. What has happened to the customer is always right, and trying to please the guest so that they have a pleasant stay. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone as any problem that you will have will probably not be remedied nor will they apologetic about the situation. A HUGE letdown considering it was my wedding night.

On a side note: the beds were ridiculously hard and not comfortable in any way whatsoever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmorga15
Samuel H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
Thank you for your review, and your feedback about your stay at our property. As a Manager in the Service industry we value our guest feedback, and do our very best to handle and address guest complaints in a timely manner. I do apologize that we were not able to resolve this issues that you encountered with us. Please allow me to apologize again, about the lack of flowers and champagne in the room. I know that we were trying our very best to do something special for you on your wedding night and regret that it wasn’t to your satisfactory. At our property we strive to go above and beyond our guest expectations to our very best. Please allow me to send you an email with a possible solution that I feel you will find acceptable.

Thank you again for your feedback, and congratulation!!!!
Westerly RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed at this hotel Friday and Saturday night , they were fantastic nothing was ever a problem to them from top to bottom they are first class would stay there again in a heart beat well done Hilton Garden Inn

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tommyredred
woodbine, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is supposed to be a new hotel, but upon entering our 5th floor room I was overcome (and I am not I assure you, being overdramatic in my description), but the strong mildew odor. I mean...pow! I asked the desk to move us, and they said they didn't have any other rooms available, hmmmmm. When I said we would check out they didn't really seem to care. I met several other people in the hall when we went back upstairs and "smelled" their rooms. This is a hotel problem, not just a room problem as their rooms smelled awful as well. We will NOT be staying at this hotel again, as I do not believe the hotel feels this is a problem worth solving. BTW when we got home I had to air out all my clothese and suitcases. I stay in a lot of hotels, but this one, yuck! We have a daughter starting at WVU and I can assure you, this will NOT be a hotel we will ever frequent again when visiting the campus.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank mdpters
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here as we were traveling through the state. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, my husband and I booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn and we were delighted! The Garden Sleep System bed is fantastic. It's wonderful to get a great night's sleep when traveling. The hotel was very clean and the front desk personnel very polite and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple