“Old but clean and quiet”

Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Princeton
“Old but clean and quiet”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice place out of town and very quiet. Old style but clean. More of a place for the senior citizens to enjoy rather than a young college crowd. Easy to get to off of I-68. New carpet in our room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

For supposedly such a ritzy hotel this one needs a little TLC; the rooms are very outdated. The room lacked power outlets and the hairdryer in the bathroom was broken. However, when I did mention it to reception the kindly delivered another one to the room. Both arms on one of the chairs in the room were broken. We were too tired to go to the restaurant for dinner so called for room service (which we were told was an option on checked). However, when I phoned they said they were short staffed & were unable to deliver it. I picked it up instead and the pasta dishes we ordered were very nice. I could tell they were short staffed as there was no one in sight at the bar. Brian on reception was very welcoming and helpful and we were given a discount as my husband is doing a charity run around the world. So, we were very grateful for that. I wouldn't have liked to have paid the full price for this hotel. Very poor internet. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2012

In the restaurant - bar; the bartrendress and waitress were the worst I've ever seen. The bartrendress was on the phone for 2 hours! It was crowded she ignored us for 1/2 an hour. She ignored customers beside us, and when they asked a passing waitress to take their meal order she told them no the bartrendress had to. When they finally recived their food then she asked them if they wanted appeizers DUH!!!!! In 2 hours we had 2 drinks and only because someone else ordered it for us. She ignored us and many She doesn't belong behind a bar. There breakfast was the best I have ever seen, I was impressed. I will never stay at another ramada coupon or not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank patricia s

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Two beds were the only thing I liked. I wouldn't take my shoes off to walk on the FILTHY carpet. The desk said they would send up housekeeping...NOT! I was to embarrassed to let my sister see the room. I stayed one night, and will never be back. Next trip I'm staying at the Comfort Inn across the street... it's even cheaper and also has a pool. Check out the room before you stay at this Ramada, I'm sorry I didn't. Bring glue, in case there is nothing on TV, you can glue the wallpaper to the walls... that'll keep you busy for hours. They also charged me more money than they had quoted me over the phone. What an outfit!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn, across the street! You'll get a nice room there... i checked it out aft...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pat M
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the Dog Show being held in Waynesburg, PA. It was a decent hotel for the price. Room was a nice size except the bathroom was indeed small. A little dark but not at all bad compared to other hotels. Staff was very friendly. Since we did travel with dogs we were sure that they didn't disturbed anyone. Actually many staff and room guests commented on the dogs and how quiet they were. There were many construction vehicles but all of the people were very quiet. There was a Bass Tournament I believe being held during our stay and not once were we woken up from the noise of them leaving early in the morning. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JHMH111
Camden,Oh
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I were trav from DC home. We had a hotel guide and chose this hotel. They put us in a business class room. Maybe because we used a coupon.When we walked in the room it smelled terrible. It was so dark and dingy. We were too tired to leave.I told my husband lets sleep in our car.There was a barking dog across the hall. I guess they put us where the dogs and construction workers stay.I slept with my socks on,afraid to walk on the floor bare foot. I prayed I would not wake up with bug bites. The bath room was so small you could not move. The hair dryer started smoking,when I turned it on. Staff people in breakfast room not friendly.Room service knocking on our door at 10am wanting to know if we were checking out.Check out was 11a.We had checked in late.We hate this place.Do not stay here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have stayed here approx.1/2 dozen times at least in the past as our son attended WVU and has since graduated.It is directly on the way to Lexington KY and right off the interstate 68 ramp.That being said it is need of a major upgrade! Needs to move into the 21st.century asap! The rooms and furnishings are old and outdated as is the TV.The doors that open to our hallway need to be painted etc.The free breakfast is a nice offer but has gone downhill! The service as well was so much better 3 or 4 years ago. even though its a buffet the servers could have cared less about us! The service in the bar is also not very good.Price was good for one night.If are in need of a one night stay maybe it works,nothing longer though for me.The lobby is decent and the front desk staff were fine. I will stay somewhere else next time and thats a shame because we have given them a lot of buisness!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family