“A delightful stay”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Avon, CT
“A delightful stay”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you love history and ambience, this is the hotel for you. The lobby is reminiscent of the grand hotels of the 1920's with a beautiful crystal chandelier and warm wood paneling. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The hotel is well situated for easy walking to the numerous local restaurants and shops in the area. There is an audio walking tour of the historic downtown available from the hotel which we most unfortunately had no time for on this visit. Breakfast is included in a small dining room on the second floor - not fancy but adequate. We would definitely make this our hotel of choice on future visits.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th to higher floors for great views of the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of places in and around Morgantown, and this will definitely be where I plan to stay from now on. The price is about the same as the hotels out in the moonscape strip malls on the edge of town, but the Hotel Morgan is a short walk from everything in the downtown area, has nice rooms, and the amenities of a downtown hotel i.e. a nice bar and a coffee shop. Also had a restaurant on the upper floors (with an outdoor area!) but I did not eat there. It smelled good though.

There were some negatives: 1) the parking lot is a little bit of a walk, but not far enough that I thought it was a big deal 2) it is a 'choice hotel' so the soap is the same as their other places (i.e. like showering with a bar of lye) 3) the decor of the continental breakfast room was like eating in a Walgreens.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is an excellent hotel located right downtown in Morgantown. I am partial to the historic ambiance of the place. They have a good steak house restaurant on the top floor and a nice lounge in the lobby. The staff are lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sykesville
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well, we had no idea the Hotel Morgan was going to be as nice as it ended up being. We have stayed in other hotels in Morgantown, but none as nice, or as professionally run as the Hotel Morgan. The staff and hotel were outstanding, and reminded us of a mini version of the The Excelsior in Rome. The charm and old world elegance, just blew us away. Yet all the modern conveniences we needed were present, Free Wi-Fi, Workout Room, Continental Breakfast, etc. Great location, great service, again, very elegant, we will definately book again. Thank you Hotel Morgan...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith S
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here. I rarely get days off due to my career, and my boyfriend wanted to treat me. what a great treat! the hotel was aesthetically beautiful! the front desk staff, so welcoming the entire stay! Our room was big and nice and taken care of. it was the perfect calming, romantic days off. the restaurant_how delicious! the easier was so , and food delicious! I felt completely spoiled, thank you!

• Stayed August 2012
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was a repeat customer; the total money spent for the time I've stayed in the last six months is pretty close to two grand and the last time was during labor day weekend for a total of $592 for the stay. The front desk service was terrible and I was so angry for being treated as insignificant, I will NEVER stay with this hotel again.

Management made it clear that the hotel's priorities lie with the new patrons coming in. I had to wait for room service (toilet paper and towels) until 4:30pm. When you can't shower or use the toilet until the evening, your entire day is wasted. Nothing was offered as a compromise. Management promised to personally deliver the items to the room. She did not, nor did the correct amount of towels I asked for ever make it to the room. I had to flag down housekeeping to change the sheets at 5pm. The housekeeper was very polite and helpful. I wish management and the front desk had been. Even so, I was unable to shower until 5:30. Instead of offering us a free late check-out, we were told we'd be charged an extra half-day for anything past noon. Considering that we'd lost half a day waiting around on them, you'd think they'd be more understanding.

Don't waste your money here. If you want to stay down town, go to the Waterfront instead where they clean the rooms twice a day and the front desk doesn't give you ridiculous excuses for why your stay isn't important to them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah G
Natick,Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2012

While visiting WVU, we thought we'd try the Hotel Morgan because it was situated downtown. What a nice surprise!

It is a classy older hotel, but our room was really nice and the bathroom was very modern and clean. Even the shower had great water pressure.

There was a wedding party going on while we stayed, but our room was very quiet.

With the rates being better than most other hotels in Morgantown, I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Morgantown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family