“Surprisingly Pleasant!”

Clarion Hotel Morgan
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Nice downtown Morgantown hotel. Has an old time feel with a modern update in each room. Not the Ritz but nice! Gives a great opportunity to experience THE WVU life! Certainly wasn't a disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank uncleolan

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I've stayed at the Hotel Morgan several times and had varied experiences but my most recent stay was vastly improved in many regards.

The Hotel Morgan is not for people who like shiny, metal and glass and modern, lifelessness in a hotel. This place has character and that's because it's 85 years old people. It has charm and grace and history and is full of craftsmanship that does not exist anymore.

My room was very tasteful and comfortable. They have improved the bedding and cleanliness of the place and added down comforters. My room also had a sitting area and two beds which were very comfortable. But the best part was the bar and restaurant. What a fabulous place full of charm and grace and original decorations and fixtures. I went for a special occasion and I and my guests had a truly memorable all around stay. I've also been to the restaurant and bar several times and highly, highly recommend it.

I also want to send special compliments to the staff, especially the valet, for their wonderful service. The staff was enthusiastic and wonderful and complied very quickly to my requests. It's nice when someone seems to genuinely want you to have a good time.

Thanks so much Hotel Morgan! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LittleBirdy77
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Decor is really bad like a batman yellow theme everywhere. Plus the headboards and mirrors have a weird batman look to them too...kinda hilarious.

Staff wasn't rude but certainly not friendly or helpful

maid never showed

heater worked but no ac so it was either bruning hot or nothing in the room constantly had to get up and change settings

breakfast was pretty nubsy

2 items broken in the room which I told the desk clerks to send someone up after we checked out but they sent them up while we were up there.....welp that's about it.

Also parking is really akward in this area but you can walk to bars

Should've stayed at Hampton

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have stayed here before and liked the hotel just as well this time. There is no better location if you like to experience Morgantown. You feel like you belong to the town. We stayed for 3 days and felt so relaxed and comfortable when we came back to our crib. The bar is tasteful and the drinks are tasty. The rooms are cozy and warm. Great TV, fast wifi, efficient and friendly staff, valet parking if you want, and the most comfortable beds. Next year in Morgantown -- I'll book again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were travelling from NC to Toronto and usually stay in Morgantown. The last several times we were not able to get a room right off the highway so I was happy when I found this available as it was getting late. The staff was very helpful, room was nice and spacious, price was right, parking good, etc!!
The only problem we had was FINDING the place!! lol!! The Hotel sign does not say Clarion and we kept getting confused with the one way streets, not sure who was worse, us or the GPS!!! After I realized the HOTEL MORGANTOWN(big red sign on top of the building) was the Clarion we realized we had passed it about 10 times!!! but now I know for next trip!! :-) :-) :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crlnagrl1
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This old fashioned hotel was a nice place to stay in this little town. I stayed here three times over a three year period visiting my sister at WVU. The place is old. It sometimes smelled old, but not dirty. Very clean, Beds were comfy. Continental breakfast was served, including make your own belgium waffles! Yum! Always a plus at a hotel! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife & I were driving from Atlanta to Pennsylvania for a reunion. Started looking for a place off the interstate beginning at Clarksburg, WV. Everything was booked between Clarksburg & Morgantown due to a convention & football game. Frustrating stopping at every exit with no luck until we hit Morgantown & the Morgan Hotel. Then our luck changed. Great price, good service, comfortable room, everything immaculate, terrific restuarant on the 8th floor. On future trips we will book a room at the Morgan in advance for sure.

Room Tip: call in advance