Clarion Hotel Morgan
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
$127
$99
$84
Travelocity
All reviewsold charmdowntown morgantownlobby bariron horseolder hotelpeople moverhigh streetmezzanine levelelegant hotelcontinental breakfastlate at nightroom was largewaffle makerdefinitely stay here againthird floorexercise roomroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This old fashioned hotel was a nice place to stay in this little town. I stayed here three times over a three year period visiting my sister at WVU. The place is old. It sometimes smelled old, but not dirty. Very clean, Beds were comfy. Continental breakfast was served, including make your own belgium waffles! Yum! Always a plus at a hotel! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife & I were driving from Atlanta to Pennsylvania for a reunion. Started looking for a place off the interstate beginning at Clarksburg, WV. Everything was booked between Clarksburg & Morgantown due to a convention & football game. Frustrating stopping at every exit with no luck until we hit Morgantown & the Morgan Hotel. Then our luck changed. Great price, good service, comfortable room, everything immaculate, terrific restuarant on the 8th floor. On future trips we will book a room at the Morgan in advance for sure.

Room Tip: call in advance
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This was my first overnight visit to Morgantown after leaving school nearly 30 years ago. I normally prefer more luxurious accommodations and had wanted to stay at The Waterfront Place Hotel (it was booked and far more expensive). A friend and I stayed at Hotel Morgan for 3 nights. After 1 day in Morgantown, I decided that "the hotel angel" had been sitting on my shoulder on this trip. The Waterfront Place turned out to be far from the downtown area and my friend and I both agreed that Hotel Morgan fit the bill for what we needed. It was clean, quiet (even though my room faced High St.) and the staff could not have been more friendly. The convenience of being in town was the big draw for us. We loved the fact that we could walk out the door and access the downtown area easily. The CHARMiNG lighted grotto like seating area on top of the roof was a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and reminisce! There is a dedicated parking area for Hotel Morgan that can fill up at night. If it is filled, bring your quarters so that you can park in metered parking nearby. My room was not a palace (carpet is probably due to be replaced) but the bed was comfortable, room was clean and I had everything I needed. Madeleine's (terrific restaurant) is right across the street (see my review). Loved Hotel Morgan and would go back as long as it is not a football weekend. We stayed during the week so it would be difficult to predict how the staff reacts to a rowdy football crowd!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrisd
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Classy, fun, great drinks, nice restaurant ... Best local for Morgantown

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel was just what we wanted. Affordable, well-located, and we only had to pay for what we *really* wanted: comfortable beds and a great location. The rooms were quiet and slightly larger than average. Staff was extremely helpful with recommendations about stuff to do downtown, where to find a good winery, etc. They may not have a gigantic business center or huge fitness room, but for a couple days it's all you really need.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends