“Service is non-existant”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
dayton, ohio
“Service is non-existant”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I made a reservation 1 month in advance. When I arrived I was not given the 2 queen bed/non smoking room that I had confirmed. I recd 1 bed and 1 couch. The clerk, who dressed and acted unprofessionally, said she couldn't do anything about it as she had no more rooms with 2 beds. The manager, who was not present but spoke with me on the phone, told me he didn't care if I stayed there or not. He didn't care if I cancelled my reservation as they had my card swiped already and he would hold my payment for 2 weeks anyway! I had no choice but to stay. And my non-smoking room was in a very nicotine smelling hallway. There were no soaps or shampoos in the room and there was no bedding for the pull out couch! A very miserable experience and I will never stay at another Super 8 anywhere because of it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My expectations of this night's stay were pretty low, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room for the price that I paid. The room was spacious, and it included a reclining chair, refrigerator, and microwave. The room and bathroom were clean, and everything in the room was in working order. The hallways smelled a bit like smoke, and the inside of the refrigerator looked a bit old/dirty. The mattress was a little hard, but I still slept well. The breakfast was decent (danishes and bagels), especially considering the price of the room. There was a sign for it on the interstate, but once off of the highway, it was difficult to find (they should have a more visible sign). It is in a pretty good area with a lot of places to eat. Overall, I was quite pleased.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed here for one night in June, 2010 on our way to the east coast. We usually stay at Hilton properties, but wanted something cheap near the interstate, and the reviews looked promising. We already had reservations for $60/night, but since it was before 6 pm, decided to check out the Holiday Inn Express next door. The HI was in the middle of renovation, so we were hoping to get a great rate. The best they could do was $107.
The room at the Super 8 was clean, the beds not bad, and the bathroom was clean. No bad smells or strong perfumes. (The lobby of the HI was so scented, I could actually taste it when I got outside.) Air conditioning also worked well. Outback Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesdays, Bob Evans, IHOP and Wendy's all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed one night in the Super 8 Motel in Morgantown WV on a trip from DC to Ohio. The price was right using a coupon from a coupon book, staff was friendly and the breakfast was not bad with cereals, toast and some fruits. Also, the wireless worked well.

The room was dated but cleanliness was ok. The room was noisy because of thin walls and thin celings. Whenever somebody was walking on the upper floor, I could hear the steps because wooden planks were squeaking.

Overall it was an acceptable place but next time, I would look for a quieter place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Sad Fact, we did enjoy our time here, until we got home, and discovered that the clerk did not follow our instructions on the card to use for payment, I used my # to hold the room, while we were in transit, upon arrival my girlfriend gave them her visa and changed the name on the reservation to hers, they imprinted her card, never saw mine or imprinted it, my card goes to my checking, we had booked two rooms for 2 nights, the day after we got home I was checking my account on line and to my shock, they did not do as instructed and charged the rooms to my card, which caused a mess, to the tune of 8 NSF fees @ 33.00 each, I called several times and got the run around for 2 days, finally had to call the corp. office to lodge a complaint, they gave me the mgr’s phone # so I called him, long story shot he did credit my account on room charges and switched to where they were told to do on arrival, but he refuses to reimburse me on the NSF fee’s there mistake caused, in addition to the complaint at corp. office we have also opened a complaint with the BBB and the West Va, Atty General Office. According to his staff this mgr runs his business like this all the time and never calls back anyone who has a complaint.. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN…

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bow44907

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Delayed by rain and fog, we decided to stay here instead of driving late into the night. The motel is located in a shopping center and, maybe because we were tired, we had trouble finding our way into the place.

Check-in was prompt and courteous. The room was clean and surprisingly large. The bed was comfortable and the plumbing was in good condition.

The continental breakfast was minimal, with bagels, sweet rolls, a bowl of apples and oranges, a limited selection of cold cereal, regular and decaf coffee, tea and juice. However, there was a Bob Evans nearby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We reserved a room in March and 3days later had to cancel it because of a family problem, only to find out that the motel's pre-pay policy prohibited cancelling the room, even though the reservation wasn't until November. Eight months away and they couldn't fill the room? Manager would not call us back to discuss it. $71.00 down the drain. I would rather sleep in my car than put up with these ridiculous tactics.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple