“Front Desk Nightmare!!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
RALEIGH
“Front Desk Nightmare!!!!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Upon checking I was told (for the first time) that my credit card was charged for the first time on both rooms reserved. I was then charged again for the next night w/o my permission. I was told my card would be credited "right away" w/o any stipulations. Then I checked @ the front desk on Saturday AM (11/3) and was told it would happen first thing Monday AM (same person who checked us in and told me it would be done"right away") I said ok....so I checked Monday (11/5) AM & PM and nothing was credited to my card. I waited and check again today (Wed 11/7)....no refund. I have called my credit card company to dispute this BS.

Really....no clock in the room?????

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
CENTRAL CITY
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff were very friendly. Although guests below us were loud. We called and they were quiet for awhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

COLUMBUS
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed one night here to break up a long trip. It was inexpensive and had the location we needed, right off the highway. The front desk staff for both check-in and check-out were very friendly and helpful.

I will preface my complaints with the fact that I realize that everyone has different preferences and needs for a good night's sleep. So my experiences may not be had by others. However, we found the bed to be very uncomfortable in that it was really hard and the pillows were very thin (and the comforter had some cigarette burns). The walls were also very thin, such that we were woken up at 7am by the ladies in the room next door gossiping about how one of their husbands had two pizzas (!) last night and then wonders why he's fat. While it did give us a good laugh, it was still not the time or manner we expected to wake up.

However, we had stayed here before and had a much better experience. We also greatly appreciate the ability to have our dog with us. We will likely stay again the next time we make this trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple