“AWESOME FOOD ....service could be better”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #9 of 295 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service provided by out actual server -- Candace -- was ok. Being a waitress myself I could tall that she was new and just getting the hang of it. She let me know this when she got my debit card witched up with my friends credit and ran them wrong. That's a mistake that all new servers make and that's fine. What I would like to bring attention to however is the condescending bartender that was on duty that day. He didn't say his name but he was a Caucasian man with long brown hair. Anyway, he walked over to out table personally and said in a very "superior" tone of voice -- "How about the next time you order a beer just to try then order a short one". He aggressively hands him the beer and walks away. Now -- like I said, I work in the restaurant business and at the fine dining establishment that I work at this behavior would have gotten me fired. Later on during our meal, I ordered the Lynchburg Lemonade and I think the bartender though it was my friend you ordered the drink because when I received the drink it was severely watered down. I took a sip noticed what he had done and just stopped drinking it. I didn't say anything to Candace about it however because like I said -- I work in a restaurant -- I know what he was doing and I didn't want to seem like a person who demands to speak to management then he has to comp stuff her sales gets messed up and what have you. Plus, she's new -- I wasn't gonna pick on the new girl. I know we all have bad days and get stressed out because we're dealing with the public, but in the same vein we are to be professional while we're on the clock. I was only in town visiting and I hope that next time I come to Cheddar's (which I always do when I'm in town) that it is a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Larry J
There are newer reviews for Cheddar's

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was here for dinner last Thursday and it is one of my favorite places to eat in Morgantown. I love the salmon with burbon glaze. You get great portions and food is very tasty. I also like the Monte Cristo sandwich, the chicken strips , the chicken and shrimp dinner, For something different try the Spinach dip and also the chicken and waffles meal. Spinach dip has wonderful cheeses in it. my brother likes the Buffalo wrap and the chicken quesidillas are great too. My best friend gets the Spanzanga{ Lasagna} which is baked.
Prices are reasonable, service is good and atmosphere if nice. I will warn you if you dont want to wait long for a seat go a little early before typical lunch and dinner hours esp going in evening and on weekends. Go see for yourself you will love it! Also lots of shopping nearby at University Towncenter!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We make monthly trips to Ohio and Cheddar's has become a must stop! We have not had a menu item yet that we do not like and what's even better is the price!! My husband always goes for the buffalo chicken wrapper, I love the sampler and the club sandwich, and the kids get chicken and waffles!! Overall a great family restaurant.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

After hearing much of the hype about how wonderful Cheddars is, I finally decided to visit the restaurant with my family. We walked into a crowded lobby and were quickly seated in the bar area. The bartender was also our waiter, because he was being overworked and was obviously stressed---he was not very friendly or attentive. We ordered and a short time later our "food" arrived. My mother and I had the chicken pot pie and my father enjoyed a hamburger. Well, in retrospect---I take back the "enjoyed" part, seeing how the burger was tasteless. My pot pie (which I was told to order because it was "amazing") tasted like someone poured an entire carton of salt on it and had the consistency of gelatin. The best part of the meal was the beer, it washed down the non- existent or over salted food. The moral of the story is stick mom and pop restaurants, I have never had a bad meal there.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

He loves this place because the service is awesome, their food is so reasonably priced and very tasty. Once, they even let us have our dog on the patio b/c the car was just too hot to keep him in there. They were so accommodating. If you like appetizers, and you like onion rings, they have the yummiest, lightest battered onion rings for such a great price. Our son likes the chicken and waffles, hubby likes everything and tries something new each time. I like their baked potato soup and our daughter loves their honey biscuit/croissants. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you choose to eat here.